(Closed) How to Have a Baby on 11/11/11

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
2144 posts
Buzzing bee

Ugh, I had a (not very close) friend tell me she and her FI were going to try this month just for the sake of having a baby born that day. Bad, bad, bad idea, but not my business to say anything.

Post # 4
1486 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

is it common that people try for a certain date? I have never heard this before and am curious.

Post # 5
6598 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

This seems a little ridiculous to me.

In my opinion babies are miracles no matter what day they are born and it’s hard enough to conceive anyway why would anyone want to add extra pressure. What difference does it make when your baby’s birthday is?

Post # 6
5399 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

We were hoping to try for a certain time of year, but in no way a particular date.  It’s almost impossible to make it happen unless you can find a doctor to safely induce you on a specific day and even still there’s not guarantees.

Post # 7
3587 posts
Sugar bee

I came in here wondering if this was real…only crazy people would try for a certain day. It’ll come when it’s supposed to come.

Post # 8
858 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

We were just trying for a baby. 🙂

Post # 9
9057 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

Wow, that’s pretty specific.

My husband read “Outliers” recently and it talks about how most NHL players are born in Jan-Mar, so he’s mostly jokingly set on starting to try in March just for this.

Canadian, eh?

Post # 10
1872 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Haven’t heard that, but I heard of people AVOIDING to have sex around 9/6/06 in order that they wouldn’t have a baby on 6/6/06, and people inducing on 6/5/06 to avoid it. And a lot of Asian families trying/inducing for 8/8/08!

Post # 11
638 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2007

Interesting.

I won’t lie… when I got the BFP and calculated our due date would be in early august 2010 my mind did think well ‘8-9-10’ would be a cool birthday. Then I thought – by then I’ll be past my due date and probably so OVER being pregnant I won’t care.

As it turns out baby boy was all for the 8-9-10 birthday too!  WOOT 🙂

My college roommates little boy was born on 10-10-10. I have no clue if there was any ‘planning’ or ‘inducing’ behind this.

Post # 12
818 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

We are planning on having trying for beginning of July 2012, but not a specific date.  I think that it may be fun to try for a certain date if you are already planning on making a baby though.  Perhaps not super seriously though?

Post # 13
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Yeah…babies rarely come on their due dates. 

Post # 14
3281 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I always just figured I would plan NOT being pregnant during the summer lol

Post # 15
3758 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I am no expert but I think the only way to know is if you can time it pretty good and then set a date to have a c section… Babies like to make their appearances on their own time

The topic ‘How to Have a Baby on 11/11/11’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors