How's it going May 2014 bees?

posted 3 years ago in May 2014
Post # 3
1287 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@kb7:  Two months to go TODAY, and it finally has hit me that this is happening, in a good way!!  

We bought our wedding bands this weekend, and I paid off one vendor (out of many) in fully today.  (I broke up payments over a 7-8month window/vendor, so will  be paying all of them off in the next month or so!).  I have my shower/bach. party this weekend, my first fitting the following weekend, my final venue appt the weekend after that, etc, etc, etc.  

I think most, if not all things have been completed, or are on my list to complete in the next 6 weeks, so planning wise I am feeling pretty good.  Just crazy that it is almost here!!

Good luck May Brides!

Post # 4
95 posts
Worker bee

@kb7:  I am so ready to get this party started! Laughing

Well first I need to order the party favors and get my dress. My dress was set to arrive mid-Feb and now they are telling me end of March. That’s the only thing causing me anxiety now. That and the final bill. haha. 

Post # 5
1689 posts
Bumble bee

Getting there!  We’re getting RSVPs back already, I’m finalizing my wedding day look, and just checking in with all my venders at this point!

Still to do:

• Make wedding day make up appt (this week)
  • Order flower girl dress (this month)
  • Make wedding day hair appt (this month)
  • Cake tasting (this month)
  • Last fitting (April)
  • Finish wedding party gifts (April)
  • Book shuttle (April)
  • Fill out paper work for DJ (May)
  • Finalize wedding details with day-of coordinator (May)
  • Apply for marriage licence (May)
  • Hunt down RSVPs (May)
  • Assign seating (May)

I feel …OK about everything so far.  There’s still so much to do, but I’m getting there. 

Post # 6
2209 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m feeling pretty good about things, but still need to find our floral vendor and someone to do my hair and makeup.  Getting a little anxious about those things!

I’ve nearly finished my shower dress (less than half an hour of handsewing left) and will make my flower girls’ dress this month (just measured her over the weekend!), and I’m going to start making our favors (CP soaps with our wedding date stamped on them) this week.

I want to make a stained glass card holder that can be converted into a table lamp after the wedding, but I’m not really sure when that’s going to happen…lol.

We’re planning to address invites in the next week or two, so that should be fun as well…haha…right…

Post # 7
1689 posts
Bumble bee

@DomesticDiva:  Oh thank god!  Someone else has not booked hair and make up.  And to make you feel better, we booked our florist yesterday!

Post # 8
2209 posts
Buzzing bee

@BeachBride2014:  It’s been a struggle.  I’m about ready to just book something at the Aveda beauty school in town.  I looked at one place that charged $340 for hair and makeup, including a trial.  That’s more than I spend on car insurance every 6 months!  I’m really not comfortable with spending more than $200ish, which seems to be hard to find.

Post # 9
2675 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Madison, WI

I’m going to pick out linens for the reception today. Have my first dress fitting Saturday!

I had my first shower yesterday, we had a great time and got some lovely gifts.

I loved my cupcakes that FSIL’s friend made…

Post # 10
2675 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Madison, WI

We’ve also gotten about 25% of our RSVPs back already. 

Our family and friends seemed very anxious to get our invites and be able to RSVP! I hope it keeps up! 

Post # 11
2209 posts
Buzzing bee

@Ms_Purple:  Yay for your first shower!  So pretty!  Now I really want a cupcake.

How cool that you have that many of your RSVPs back already!  Any surprise yeses or nos?

Post # 12
Hostess
9919 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

We’re getting there.  RSVP’s are coming in, we’ve got about 10% back now, I’m hoping for more this week (They were only mailed 2 weeks ago).

I have a long list of details but the big thigns to do still

• vows
  • song list for DJ
  • cue list for DJ
  • Book Shuttle
  • Dress Alterations
  • Book babysitter/kid wranger for reception
  • Book tuxes

and then the list of details that ‘have’ to be done (Bathroom baskets, favours, seating chart, place cards, bridal party gifts, table numbers….there are about 100 things on the list but my list is very specific so I can cross things off more frequently)

Post # 13
2428 posts
Buzzing bee

@kb7:  hi date twin!!

I’m feeling asjflejhiaohgieoh. Hahahaha. Jay kay.. kinda. We have basically started mostly everything that’s left – it’s just a matter of finishing things up at this point.

• Started timeline
  • Started ceremony and vows
  • Started crafts
  • Started website and registry (I know, this one needs to get done this week!)

Now that we’re under 90 days, we can pick up our marriage license any time. We also need to look at rings. Oh, and also get his outfit. Basically, I am going crazy. But in a good way??

Post # 14
14 posts
Newbee

Okay, I now feel really behind. You all are getting RSVP’s back? I haven’t even mailed out my invitations. Yikes!

Post # 15
369 posts
Helper bee

Oh geez! When did you mail your invties? My wedding is May 3, and I haven’t mailed mine yet.

Did you guys get your invites done by a calligrapher? I’m thinking about just printing them in a calligraphy font from my printer but I’m scared that people will judge…

Post # 16
14 posts
Newbee

@FutureMrsGG:  Oh, good. My wedding is May 4th and I haven’t sent mine out either. Now I don’t feel like the only one! LOL

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors