(Closed) Hudson Valley Brides – 2011

posted 7 years ago in New York – Hudson Valley, New York
Post # 3
1280 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Mount Gulian was on my “short list” but I didn’t end up even going to look at it, primarily because I found venues that were, in the end, less expensive. It seems like an incredibly beautiful site and perfect for a more casual wedding. Hopefully there are some ladies who have actually gotten married there that can offer more insight.

Fwiw, I just booked Round Hill earlier this week and I’m super excited! It’s a beautiful spot but obviously your choice should depend on what kind of wedding you’re envisioning.

Post # 5
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Hi,

I booked Round Hill too — our wedding is April 30 of next year.  I really loved the tasting and the fact that the venue seems really relaxed.

Post # 7
1 posts
Wannabee

@Miss Holly:

Can you give me an idea of the pricing at Shadow Lawn?  Is it at all competitive with Round Hill’s prices?

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee

Hello Ladies!  I am also looking for a wedding venue in the hudson valley, and i am really looking for something other than a typical hall wedding.  I checked out a few places this past weekend including mount gulian.  It is a gorgeous site!  The barn is kinda small, no good for my 125.  Also there are only 2 bathrooms on site so it was suggested I get some port o potties… turn off for me.  I also loooooved the Ontearo Mountain House, but its a lil pricey.

I plan on going to Round hill and am excited to see it!  Could anyone let me know a price range for round hill?  

Has anyone checked out Belvedere Mansion or the Grandview outdoor venue??  

Post # 10
1280 posts
Bumble bee

ajax – depending on season & day of the week, round hill ranges from $85/pp for a fri/sun wedding january – march to $125/pp for a sat evening wedding may – october (and there’s no service charge on top of that, just tax and optional gratuities). they can fit up to 200 people for a seated dinner, but the average seems to be around 100-150.

the grandview might have been the place we went with, except that the least expensive option was their outdoor space and we didn’t love it – it’s a tent that is literally erected on a concrete lot adjacent to their main building (we saw the raw space before they had actually put up the tent). the tent itself was fine – they do a nice job of carpeting the ground and draping fabric and lightiing to look really elegant, but the ceremony space wasn’t as nice the one you get for using the ballroom, and it’s possible that if you booked the outdoor space, there could be another wedding going on in the ballroom at the same time. it was otherwise fanstastic – food, staff, view, convenience and value for the $$.

Post # 11
45 posts
Newbee

Ajax — I had the same concerns as Jaxx317 with Grandview (we checked it out before looking at RoundHill).  I looked at Belvedere, but the hotel reviews it got were pretty mixed.  I figured if the hotel reviews weren’t great, I wasn’t thrilled about hosting an event there.

Jaxx have you found any leads on transportation for Round Hill? 

Post # 12
1280 posts
Bumble bee

Buttercookie – Still working on it. I got a few quotes, and depending on which way you go, it could be really expensive. Leprechaun Lines seems to be the least expensive and they’ve gotten relatively good reviews. The next best cost-wise seems to be Best Bus Charter Corp or Coach USA. It’s doable for us I think if we just use one bus as opposed to two smaller ones. But that will also depend on a) where we wind up putting people and b) how many people end up needing transportation.

Post # 13
45 posts
Newbee

Thanks Jaxx! I’m working on it too — will check out the lines you suggested and will let you know if I hear of anywhere else!

Post # 14
45 posts
Newbee

I dunno if you guys have booked any other vendors yet, but I wanted to share mine just in case it’s helpful.  We’re getting married at FEAST at Round Hill (Round Hill House) on April 30, 2011

DJ — DJ Constantine/DJ Gaza — We wanted to book Gary (DJ Gaza), since my fiance is a wedding photographer and has worked with him on numerous occasions, but he was booked! (No surprise, he’s awesome!) DJ Constantine is one of Gary’s DJs, and when we met with him we were excited about hiring him.  He’s clearly got a great sense of music, and we loved that he loves 60-70s soul pop. 

Florist — We’re totally going with Steven Bruce Design — not only is Steven familiar with FEAST (he’s done lots of weddings there), but he’s really laid-back, friendly and incredibly creative.  I can’t wait to see what he comes up with for our flowers! (Check him out at http://www.stevenbrucedesign.com)

Photographer — Anthony Collins is a great friend of ours, but more importantly, he takes amazing photos.  Since my fiance is also a photographer, this decision was all his.  http://www.anthonycollinsphoto.com

Hair & Makeup — Still looking and would love recommendations!

Transportation — It looks like West Point Tours might be the best, but we’re still researching!

Cake — The Pastry Garden (though this is included in our contract at FEAST)

Post # 15
652 posts
Busy bee

@buttercookie: Thanks for sharing!  I’m meeting w DJ Gaza and Rob Kelley very soon!  And I was thinking of giving West Point Tours a call for transportation–will you come back and let me know how it goes with them?  (if you end up reaching out to them)

Post # 16
45 posts
Newbee

Violet — I’ll definitely let you know who we end up with.  Tell Gary that Casey (my fiance) and Caroline say hello!

Of course, if any of you brides are looking for photographers, my fiance is booked April 30 (for our wedding!) but his website is http://www.fatchett.com!

The topic ‘Hudson Valley Brides – 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors