Husband "allergic" to ring after mishap…

posted 4 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
Member
1384 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Sorry that happened! That’s really sketchy! I’ve always worn sterling silver rings and jewellery in pools when I was younger, and nothing ever happened to the metal. I had rings I didn’t take off for years and years as a teenager, and they never turned colours when exposed to chlorine, or cleanign products, or anything… so I think you should take it back to the store and say, what kind fo quality metal is this??? :/

 

Post # 4
Member
7812 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

Did they maybe rhodium plate the silver?

Post # 6
Member
1397 posts
Bumble bee

Try silver polishing creme. Very cheap at walmart or kmart. Good luck. 

Post # 7
Member
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I just want to share the story of a coworker here as it may really have nothing to do with the work done to polish it up…

She was married for over 20 years and wore the same silver ring every day. One day she woke up and her finger was swollen around it and had to tear it off. She tried to wear it again the next day but broke out in an allergic reaction all over again. It had nothing to do with the ring at all, she just suddenly became allergic to the silver ring.

Leave a comment


Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors