- 6 years ago
- Wedding: September 2018
I’m doing a project with a girl who is driving me insane. I’m supposed to be calling the shots within our department. (this project is a bit like a mock up of the industry we work in)
- She says she “needs” information on something, she doesn’t. I have put other things on hold to get something together for her even though she doesn’t need it. (Just to get her off my back)
- She phoned me at 1130pm and doesn’t even apologise when she realised she’d woken me.
- I have a lot of other work on: she is a year below, we have different schedules and I’m in the process of doing my final dissertation.
- She has arranged meetings with other departments involved in the project, even though I am “head” of ours. It’s inconvenient for me, not her job AND she isn’t even required to attend these meetings (not in college, not if this was actually the industry)
- I have tried my best to keep her in the loop (regular emails etc) but instead of contacting me regarding questions she has she’s pestering other people – which reflects badly on me. (Added to which, some of the answers I’d already told her)
Because it’s been driving me insane I asked SO what he would do (as he works in the industry I’m training for). He said that someone in her position would NEVER behave like this, he suggested I email my tutor. I have, and I await a response.
I almost sent a text which was pretty damning. I was furious when I found out she’s arranged this meeting, and even more furious she’s been contacting people inappropriately. I know we’re in a learning environment but it’s so unprofessional. And it’s making me frustrated, stressed and my job difficult. Her job isn’t to be on my back about things but to use her skills to help me, the department and the project.