(Closed) I am now a 2014 bride!

posted 6 years ago in May 2014
Post # 3
238 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Yay! A fellow May 2014-er! I am super excited too- seems like far away enough to have heaps of time to plan, but close enough that we aren’t waiting years.

The downside is that the brilliant idea I have for STD’s won’t be happening for a long time… Though an engagement announcement is an idea…?  😛

Post # 5
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014 - Traverse City

@soon-to-be-mrsE:  I’m not a May 2014 but an August 2014 for the same reason! OMG I’m SOOO happy I’m not the only one!!  I’m in a gradaute program right now and so all of our wedding savings is basically just coming from one income…and just too much financial stress (and strain from school!), we really realized we needed more time to save! And it goes by so fast, I was getting sad we were already under the 1 year mark!  We are keeping the same venue, but the 2014 idea is in limbo right now– it’s basically a cancel and rebook process, meaning having to put a new deposit down. But, what they can do is if someone books our old date, that would be refunded to us. To take some of the gambling out of it, he said he would help us out by calling if anyone wants to book our date, tell people it’s available, etc. But yeah. It’s like a catch 22… can’t save enough to have it in 2013 and yet don’t want to be set back another 2k when the whole point is to save more money. Hopefully we will hear good news.  I’m sure it will all work out for the best, but I am so so so glad I’m not the only one!  I felt sad at first, but overall I’m mostly relieved!  I want to enjoy our engagement and each other and not be so financially strained–we couldn’t even go on a simple cheap date without me feeling guilty about saving for the wedding!

The topic ‘I am now a 2014 bride!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors