Post # 1
Hey bees.. Not sure that I want advice or anything, just need to type it out..
- FIs grandmother had a stroke and passed away
- FIs grandfather (other side) liver is failing, down to 10%
- My grandfather (my nan and pop raised my brother and I) has bowel abnormalities that they think is cancer
- My brother has adult chickenpox and is in hospital
- My aunt was diagnosed with a malignant melinoma last week, they think it’s made its way to her internal organs
- My coursin and her daughter (16years old) were in a car accident a month ago. Cousin has had 7 operations to reticfy internal bleeding. Her daughter has just woken from a coma but may have brain damage
- Counsin, yes, same one as above, husband’s parents were travelling to the hospital to visit with my cousins other two children and had a car accident today, the youngest, 4 years old is in surgery now. The other, 6 years old is in a coma. The adults are sore, but ok.
And that bees, is just the last three months…..
Post # 3
@Brooke1226: I’m so sorry. thinking of you and your family.
Post # 4
@Brooke1226: Oh my goodness, my heart goes out to you and your family and extended family. That is just too much for anyone to deal with. I’m terribly sorry and hope you can find comfort in each other. Not sure if you’re into this at all but I’d sage smudge the heck outta the house! Sweep that bad energy out, out, out! Sending you and yours major positive blessings from here on out.
Post # 5
@farawayviolet: thanks. Mostly I just feel useless, i live more than 3000kms from them, so all I can do is.. Well.. Nothing..
Post # 6
- Wedding: October 2013 - Vine Street Church
Sorry to hear about all of that. Hopefully everything will turn around for you.
When it comes to metastatic melanoma, a new set of drugs was approved by the FDA in June that is AMAZING with melanoma, so there’s a LOT more hope for treatment than there was even last year. We tested the drugs for several years at my clinic and had several stage IV melanoma patients go completely cancer free, and one in particular has been cancer free for a couple of years now. So… yeah, cool developments in melanoma.
Same thing with colon cancer — nothing specific that’s been approved lately, but there are a ton of treatments we’re working on. Actually, one study we have going combines the above combination with panitumumab and we’ve had drastic reductions in tumor burden in our stage IV colon cancer patients! There’s so much going on for cancer!
I don’t know much about neuro, but there are other nurses here, so they might be able to help you more specifically with hope on those.
Post # 7
I’m so sorry OP. My prayers for you and your family. My dad is recovering from a heart attack he had suddenly in October, and my aunt has been fighting a major infection in her leg that could lead to amputation if the antibiotics don’t get it under control. I couldn’t imagine having injured cousins and ill grandparents on top of that as well. Stay strong as much as you can OP, and hopefully things will improve soon.
Post # 8
@Brooke1226: I am so sorry your family is experiencing such a hard time. I am hoping your family has much better luck in the new year!