Post # 1
I’m going crazy trying to find a photographer. It seems like all the photographers I’ve met with are too expensive or I don’t like their work or we just don’t click. I’d really like to have some beautiful photos to remember my day(s) but it just doesn’t seem to be happening. Does anyone have any recommendations for photographers in the CT, NY, or NJ area?
Post # 3
Browse through this list and see if anyone works for you:
Another option is to check local community college art depts to see if their advanced photography students are willing and able to take pictures. They’ll be cheaper for you and they get experience for their professional portfolios.
Post # 4
I’ve worked with this amazing photographer who is willing to travel. She has done weddings for great prices + travel expenses and could save you lots! Best part is she would also include either rehearsal day coverage or a day after photo shoot.
Check her out
Post # 5
Ditto Ember! You may also try to place an add for a photog on the classified’s section along with the amount you are willing to pay… Good luck!!!
Post # 6
Thank you ladies! I’m looking at the project wedding site as we speak. I was really hoping to book a photgrapher by the end of this week but it doesn’t look like that will happen. crebre – I never thought about posting in the classified section. That’s such a great idea!
Post # 7
I highly recommend Sarah Edwards, who is a photographer (and graphic designer) based out of CT. She shot took my engagement photos, designed my Save the Dates, and she’ll be shooting at my wedding. She’s very talented and her rates are reasonable compared to other photographers out there. Check her out at http://www.edwardsphotodesign.com.
Post # 8
Best photographer around. Absolutely Beautiful work and affordable. Out of NY.
Post # 9
Post # 10
Try http://www.wpja.com where you can search for a photographer by area. This is a professional association of wedding photographers.
Good luck with the search (also try NYMagazine wedding issue, they have a long list of photographers.
Post # 11
Not sure where you are in CT. Our reception is in Stamford and we found a junkload of photogs we liked before we settled on ours. Believe it or not we found a husband/wife team through the Pros we fell in love with. Here’s some others we looked at:
– Ricky Restiano: Bronxville, NY http://www.rickyrestiano.com(FYI: I’m kind of obsessed with his work. He was booked for our date but I’ve heard people move their dates to get him… seriously).
– Lina Jang: NY, NY http://www.linajang.com/(She was awesome but a little too $$ for us)
– Joel Greenberg & Wendy Stewart: NY. NYhttp://www.wedphotos.com
– H&H: Bronx, NYhttp://www.handhphotographers.com/
– Troy Photography: Ellington, CThttp://www.troyphotography.com
– Studio 1923: Middletown, CTwww.studio1923.com (Jerome did a college friend’s wedding a while back. I wasn’t there but I was BLOWN away by the picts on FB – he was booked for us too)
– Wah Studios: Stamford, CThttp://www.happyhaha.com/(I love the URL. We didn’t meet with them b/c we found our photog 1st but they came very highly recommended)
Edit: one more I almost forgot – Rob Norman. He’s a photog. professor and when you contact him you get HIM not a secretary or a big company – which I thought was cool.
Post # 12
I was having this same prob! Thought I was going to loose my mind I was soooo upset, so many seemed to not “click” like you said, or I LOVED them but were way too $$$$, check it out old school, open the phone book, have you tried that? I know thats how I FINALLY found one and saw one in the phone book I had not seen online and the guy eneded up being AMAZING and worked we me on a price, here he is an award winning photographer and everything, thought his price on packages would be crazy stupid but werent. I was going crazy on so many sites and webpages searrching until my Mom just about hit me with a phone book and asked if I had tried that yet!?!?! LOL
Post # 13
My photographer was http://www.studiomanhattan.com. Based in NYC but he came down to Philly for my wedding. Good luck!
Post # 14
I am a CT bride, and I am using http://www.capturect.com/index.php (Capture Photography)
Marybeth is super fun and great to work with. I chose her because:
– Her packages are really great, and she is very accomidating to your needs
– I will be really comfortable with her on my wedding day-she’s young and has a great sense of humor. I think it will be like just hanging out with one of my friends!
– She has a great collection of photos, along with refrences.
PM me for more info-and if you meet with her, be sure to tell her Katlyn Knox sent you! 🙂
Post # 15
Thank you ladies! This has been extremely helpful!! I’ve been looking at every site!!! Hopefully we’ll have someone picked by the end of next week!! Thank you so much!
Post # 16
My girlfriend gave me this idea when she offered to take photos at my wedding…she is a photography student and needs to increase her portfolio so she is taking pictures at our wedding for free! But the idea i have is to go to your local college and find students in photography classes or as their major and see if they could do it for you…most of the time they have already taken photo editing courses so im sure they can make your pictures look as great as, and you could probably work out a really great deal with them, if money is an issue!