I *could* be due in October 2014?

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
3787 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@ttc4months:  If they think your’e 5-6 weeks, why don’t they do an ultrasound? It would most likely be impossible to see baby, but I think they’d probably see a sac. 

Honestly? I’m about 8 1/2 weeks and I had none of those symptoms. Some people do have them, some don’t. It’s so hard not to, but try not to symptom spot. I find that it’s generally not a good indicator at all. 

Are you charting your temperatures? If you’re having very long cycles, you might want to give it a shot. It would let you know if you are ovulating, and when. It’s possible that you’re not ovulating at all, it’s also possible that you’re ovulating late. I’m not positive, but I *think* many ladies who have PCOS but still ovulate still have fairly consistent luteal phases (time between ovulation and period) so it could help you figure out when your period is coming as well – if you’re ovulating. A great book that talks about that stuff is “Taking Charge of Your Fertility.” 

Good luck! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Post # 4
3360 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@ttc4months:  If you are really having pregnancy symptoms, you would be far enough along to test positive at home.  It’s possible to be pregnant and never get a positive HPT, but it’s very rare.  Although, I will say I’ve had about every classic pregnancy symptom, and I’ve never been pregnant, so symptoms alone aren’t a great indicator – you could just as easily be gearing up to start AF.

Post # 5
419 posts
Helper bee

@ttc4months:  What you describe does sound like me at 5 weeks prego. However I knew for sure because I peed on a stick. I know i’m not rich, but pee sticks are not expensive. Why not just buy some sticks and pee on one? That is the most information you can get and you could do it right now and have all the information possible at this time. Nothing anyone on the internet can tell you will amount to anything compared to that pee stick (and moreso that blood test). Some women have what you are talking about prego. Some have it before period. If lots of us are one or another that doesn’t effect your odds of if you are pregnant or not. Pee On A Stick. It’s worth it. I’m going to do a commercial for pregnancy tests. “Might as well know for sure” with a video of a lady getting ready to go to a bar, or with a hand to her tummy like she feels ill. Pee Sticks- Peece of Mind! (intended misspelling.)

Post # 6
8510 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

I wouldn’t listen to symptoms as a reason because they can really vary.  I had 0 symptoms at 5-6 weeks (outside of implantation bleeding earlier than that), I didn’t get any steady symptoms until after 8 weeks.  If you were 5-6 weeks you would get a positive test, especially on a blood test.  Maybe you should start charting?

Post # 7
2274 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I had more symptoms in the month before I was pregnant , than I did in the month that I was actually pregnant.  I wouldn’t have even guessed that I was pregnant, if I had not peed on a stick.  I actually felt better at 5-6 weeks pregnant, than I did during my really bad PMS.  It is SOOO hard not to symptom spot when you really want a baby…I get it. 

Post # 8
1752 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

5-6 weeks pregnant is more than enough to POAS, and I have heard that they can pick up HCG even when a blood test does not.

Post # 9
2504 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@ttc4months:  If you’re 5 weeks then a pee stick will almost definitely be positive. 

Post # 12
507 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Stevens Estate

Oh wow congrats! I was reading all the comments down the thread and was so happy to see your comment at the bottom! I love happy endings! Have a H&H 9 months!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors