- 5 years ago
- Wedding: April 2013
Hey Bees I’ve posted here a few times and I guess this is my first “rant”…so here goes.
I’m a young bride to be (22) and I’m finishing up my bachelor’s degree in English this December. Our wedding is April 7, 2013 and is looking like 9,000 for everything including the honeymoon which is pretty incredible for a wedding from what I’ve seen. It looks like FH and I will be the primary ones paying for this wedding. He’s also going to be done in December and is 22. Now, I’ve had worries about paying for this wedding and for our future lives for a while… You see, FH has a job that pays 7.45/hr that he will not have come December and I don’t really have a job right now. We’ve never really had experience in the job market because we’ve been full time students. I’ve started putting out applications and resumes but it seems that nobody wants to hire an English major with no real experience in anything 🙁 ….Well, I’m a pretty good student and I got a grant to do dual enrollement at my university (basically I take one graduate class while still doing undergraduate). Anyway, my mom wants me to continue my education right away (which I do plan to do) but I want to take a semester off becacuse, like I said before, I’m getting a little tired of school and also, the wedding is right before the semester ends and it would be really difficult to workout everything for me to finish the semester. I plan to go back to school in May as does my FH. Now, my mother keeps harping on the fact that I’ve never had a real job and the only way I can survive in the world is by continuing school, taking loans to live, and finishing school up to my PHD. The only thing is that I’m getting sick of the idea of gaining more debt. Currently I have about 50,000 in school loans that I have no idea how I’m going to repay and it’s very daunthing. I’m also starting to have some doubts about continuing in an English degree :/ I know it’s not the best time to be thinking about this, but what can I do? I know that I would love to be in an administrative postion, but I don’t know if I want to teach it…I’ve suggested before that we postpone the wedding, but FH and our marriage counselor said that wouldn’t be a good idea and we should just continue. I guess what I’m asking is: Is there hope? I feel so lost right now. I really want a job…lol. If there is anyone that dealt with this sort of thing please let me know how you dealt with working/not working/going to school and anything that comes close to this. Thanks.