- 3 years ago
- Wedding: April 2015
I ran into this anti-rustic weddings board and got very confused. Before reading it, I thought I was emulating a rustic wedding but quickly came to learn that having a DJ automatically means it is not rustic, and many other things. So, I thought, I’ll describe my wedding for the bees and they’ll tell me which darn theme I’m having! lol
-Ceremony at a beautiful antique cathedral. High ceilings, beautiful church!
-Formal event, women wear long dresses, men wear suits
-The groom is NOT wearing a tuxedo, we just prefer a suit with a vest and always had this vision
-I’m wearing a princess dress, ha-ha. Ok, I’m not even sure what “everyone” means by a princess dress, but mine will probably fall under that category, it will be “big” but not too much that I can’t dance, it will be from a Bridal Shop and not a department store, you get the idea. It is a dress I won’t be be able to wear again, etc.
– I’m spending a lot (for my budget) on photographer and video.
– We are having a live band and a DJ at the reception.
– The reception includes dinner with all types of choices, fish, chicken, beef, veggies, salads, rice, dessert.
– We will serve alcohol
– The party is at a ballroom with big lamps and beautiful stairs where we will take pics at!
– Before I even had a pinterest account, I knew I wanted an elegant wedding, with lovely rustic details, I am having fake trees for decoration near the cake. I HATE big centerpieces as I’ve ALWAYS thought they don’t let you see the person across the table/room, so I’ve asked for small centerpieces with details instead, candles, etc. I have used the word rustic because those are the colors I want. I google shabby chic and my heart smiles!
The reason for this is that I believe I always wanted a fall wedding but I am not getting one due to a zillion reasons, so I’m trying to make it look as “fall” as I can. That said, I love flowers too so we are getting a lot of flowers as well. I don’t like a lot of color in general, even my apartment is decorated more on the neutral side, so we won’t do blue, orange, etc. but more of a neutral palette, cream, peach, grey, blush, etc.
We are not doing a lot of DIY, we’ve hired a decorator since we don’t live where the wedding is going to be at.
We are also not spending a lot on invitations or other details that people obsess over such as the paper count… my dress is not as expensive as I’ve read here for other brides, I think that people throw the invitation away after reading it and the dress you only wear once. We are not sending save the dates and are being very budget conscious.
So, what would you call my wedding? It is an elegant event, I’m having jewelry and a long veil, yet we are going for the (oh no she is going to say it) RUSTIC theme. At least, I think so?
Why is everyone hating so much on it? Just through wedding bee I came to learn this was a “thing.” It bothered me how the other day one of the bridesmaids said “yes, I was told that’s what everyone is going for these days…” WT… I always wanted this! 🙁
- This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by MuseForever.