- 7 years ago
- Wedding: August 2011
After months of reading posts on terrible weddings and wedding oops, I knew that the there is no way to have a flawless wedding, and that eventually something is going to happen. So I said to myself “whatever happens, happens”.
I had sooo many hiccups during the wedding! Here is some things that happened.
1. I spent my wedding morning and noon alone. yes.. alone. My mom, dad, sister, cousins, etc were setting up the venue and had sooo many problems over there that they couldn’t make it back to the hotel early. So I woke up and had room service, alone. Watched some tv. alone. My mom called and told me that my aunt would come by to take me to the salon. So I went to the salon.. alone. and had my hair and make up time with some random ladies in a salon that I had never gone before. When I got back to the hotel around 1:30 none of my bridesmaids had gotten there yet. So I sat on the bed with my hair and makeup and veil on. alone . my girls got in around 2!! and finally I had some company! and then I wan’t alone for the rest of the day.
2. We never found ranunculus flowers for my bouquet so 2 days before decided to switch for white roses. The fridge in the hotel wasn’t working well so I rammed it up a little to see if it would cool the flowers better. 2 hours later when I went to get them they were frozen, and yellow. it was a sad sad bridal bouquet indeed. The DIY bridesmaids bouquets didn;t make it either so they had to switch for plain green carnations for bouquets and bouts. oh well
3. I never burned the cd with the 6 specific songs for my DJ. (what the heck was I thinking?) so I was terrified there wouldn’t be a recessional song ( because I had already arranged for the processional with my DHs piano teacher) so I was worried about the recessional all the way to the ceremony. and all the other songs the DJ had to come up with his own and my sister downloaded the first dance song on her iphone.
4. The wedding was outside on a balcony. We hadn’t noticed before that the sun would set on one of the sides of the balcony that gave directly to some of the guest tables. So as the sun was setting the guests and the candy at the candy buffet were melting
5. we paid 1,000 for lounge furniture that no one used because it was directly in the path of the setting sun.
6. I forgot to bustle my dress during the first dance
7. I only had 4 hours to do ceremony, coctail and dinner. There is no way that is enough time for a wedding. we had to cut the bouquet toss and garter toss and cake was being served as the rental company started coming in to take everything down.
But at the end of the day I married my man! I loved that everything was the way I wanted it to look , people loved it, I loved my photographer, my cake, and the way I looked in my dress!!!
So don’t worry about the little hiccups that wil definitely happen at YOUR wedding, it’ll still be a day to remember and you’ll live happily every after!!