Post # 1
I want to type this ALL IN CAPS because I really am yelling this whole thing. But I won’t because I know how hard it is to read.
-I have been looking for a job in my field for two years. I found one, 8 hours away from home so I was gone for two weeks at a time. I couldn’t handle that so I quit. Now I’m unemployed.
-I have another certificate so I’m looking for jobs in that area. There are only about ten thousand positions open, but the ONLY way to apply is online, using online forms that don’t work. Our province has taken over healthcare and this is THE ONLY way to apply. I can’t phone, there is no phone number. I can’t drop off a resume in person, there is no address. I have NO WAY to contact someone because the only way to contact someone (their online form) won’t submit. AND (I don’t want this to sound racist) they’re hiring all these foreigners who DO NOT speak English and can’t fill out a simple form, but here I am without a job. Good one.
-I am PMS-ing hardcore. So I feel bad because I’m so angry at Darling Husband for everything and he just doesn’t get it. And then he sits there and complains about how we can’t have sex. Well why don’t you try bleeding from your penis for a week and then we’ll talk.
-My hair sucks. I already complained on a post about this and I’m getting it fixed tomorrow but it’s still making me angry.
-I have no friends. And no way to make any because I can’t find a job.
-IF I don’t find a job, I have to go back working for someone who actually abused us, because we need the money.
There you go. Please feel free to have a pity party with me. I’ve locked myself in a room by myself so I don’t hurt anyone’s feelings.
Post # 3
Oh girl that sucks! I hope that the job stuff turns around soon!
Post # 4
I’ve definately been in your shoes before. It sucks.
Are there any volunteer positions you can join? Maybe help out with the foodbank or a Christmas charity. It will not only give you opportunity to meet some new people, but it gets your mind of things, and is great to put on your resume!
You don’t even need to do something that’s charity oriented. I used to volunteer at Fringe Fest and Film Fest. You get to see events you might not go to alone, and they are really good to their volunteers. (parties with open bars and free food).
Also try websites like meetup. I was hesitant at first, but joined a few groups which catered to my hobbies, and I ended up meeting some great friends.
Good luck. As much as you think you’re alone, and the only one who’s down and out, a lot of us are here in a similar boat. Don’t feel bad for your feelings, everyone is entitled to them, hormones or not!
Post # 5
@soon2bhis: sounds like a job in healthcare? AHS job forms online SUCK. What field are you in?
Post # 6
I live in Canada, and I know all about the frustrations of health care and submitting an application. FRUSTRATION!
Oh, and I also know about shi**y hair! I’m having mine done on Saturday. Hope you feel better soon!
Post # 7
I am joining your pity party. I’ve had a sucky evening, and cried twice already. I just want to go to bed and call it a day. Unfortunately it’s only 7:20pm and I am not tired yet.
- my laptop keyboard is not functioning properly. the five, six, dash, equal sign, ctrl, delete, home, accent, and several other keys are not working. they all worked this morning, but this afternoon when i got home from work they won’t work.
- a kid at school gave some of the laptops in our lab (that I am responsible for) a virus through his jump drive. awesome. there’s no internet in the lab (we’re on a mountain in Haiti…life is complicated.) so there’s no way to run an antivirus program to get rid of the problem.
- 10 people from the states were coming to my wedding in Haiti, four of them don’t have their tickets yet and will likely not be coming. one of them was supposed to be our photographer, so now with 3 weeks until the wedding we are looking for a photographer. i have no idea how much it will cost to get one, or even if we will find one at this point in time. maybe getting married on a friday will be to our advantage with this.
- wedding planning is stressful and i wish i could just skip the ceremony and reception all together. i don’t even want to go to my own wedding anymore.
- i had blood taken yesterday and now i have a massive bruise on my arm because the technician was more excited about speaking English with me than doing her job properly.
- and i tried to insert a picture of my nasty bruise and the link is not working. it’s a great cap to my complaining post.
Post # 8
Ah, AHS. How we loathe thee….
Post # 9
Ugg I remember the online forms, when SO was job searching TERRIBLE! I feel for you!
Post # 10
i officially HATE technology today.
Post # 11
Haha I just saw these responses and it made me smile that the other Alberta bees hate AHS just as much.
-I got my hair fixed (for free) and now I really like it
-I’ve got a job that I start with tomorrow. Not AHS, which would’ve been nice, and not in my chosen field, but it’s something.
Hope everything’s better for you guys!