(Closed) I just bought my dress! (Allure C155) Will it be too warm for a summer wedding?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2158 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Do you have a picutre of the dress? 

Post # 5
1088 posts
Bumble bee

could you get a reception dress that would be better to wear in such hot weather? i had on a big ball gown at my wedding, i got married last month and te weather was 50 degrees, it was an indoor wedding and i ended up sweating a lot but not till towards the end of the reception when i really started dancing…THE DRESS IS VERY BEAUTIFUL BY THE WAY

Post # 6
2158 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I don’t htink it will be too warm – in comparison to other dresses that is. Some are the huge ballgowns but this looks like it has minimal layers.  So you could be worse!!

Post # 7
2725 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I think you will be fine! I was expecting to see a dress with long sleeves or a ballgown!

Post # 8
201 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I love that dress.  I think you should be fine – it’s got that nice open back.  Do you have any pictures of you in that dress?  (just wondering, it’s one I’m considering too!)

Post # 9
1576 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

You will be fine!

Post # 11
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@grashi:  This is my dress too!  I love it more and more with each day.  I don’t think it will be too heavy or hot at all.  I’m getting married next month in the Dominican Republic πŸ™‚

Post # 12
873 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Gorgeous dress! You should be fine!

Post # 13
2084 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 1993

I wouldn’t worry. Mine is massive and I’m getting married in NYC in August. Like, massive-massive…

Post # 14
48 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

1. have someone ready with mini fans to cool down your face.

2. DRY shampoo if your hair starts to look greasy! It is a life saver and you could just dab it on your hairline so as not to destroy your wedding hair.

3. remember that inside salons you don’t have much air circulation. outside there will be chances for a light breeze, especially as the night falls and it cools off!

4. im sure you will be fine! that dress is stunning!

Post # 15
6 posts
Newbee

I am trying this dress on in a few days – I found it second hand and am stalking it on the internet trying to figure out if the size 8 if going to fit me (the seller is sending it across the country just so I can try it on!). I don’t know what I am in american street sizes (I’m in NZ) but you may be able to help. I am my bust, waist and hip mesurements are 34.5″, 29″, and 39″ – my fear is the 8 being too small, but it sounds to me like you found the fit bigger than you expected?

And in regard to how hot you’ll be in it, I will be wearing it in an NZ summer too and think it will be fine, but I have heard of people opening out the lace around the back and neckline, and narrowing the straps.

It is a beautiful dress, you’ll look stunning!

Post # 16
293 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

How did it go?! I chose the same dress for my wedding this June in Tx. I’m really nervous that I’m going to die from heat exhaustion!

Congrats:)

The topic ‘I just bought my dress! (Allure C155) Will it be too warm for a summer wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors