I just got my Lazaro 3217! Gorgeous but terrified of the mermaid shape

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
676 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

That dress is absolutely beautiful!!  I would probably need to see a picture of you in the dress, but I don’t think anything needs to be changed.  But at the end of the day it’s what you want and feel comfortable in.  

Post # 4
564 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Honestly I have the same problem!!! My dress comes mid thigh and it’s too sexy for me. I am bringing the skirt up about to the hip bone area to make it more fit and flair. But honestly ur dress is gorgeous and I wouldn’t even consider it a true mermaid!! Whatever u decide I hope YOU are happy with it!! 

Post # 5
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - Rhode Island

I don’t think you can alter that dress to become a ballgown.  The silhouettes are just too different for that drastic of a change.

And BTW, that is a GORGEOUS dress, and I think you would look amazing in it!  I thought I couldn’t pull off a mermaid silhouette and then fell in love with one anyway.  It ended up being perfect.  You’re probably being more critical of yourself than you should be.

Post # 6
109 posts
Blushing bee

Why don’t you post some pictures of yourself in the lazaro mermaid dress?

Post # 7
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Bartram's Garden

Oh, i love this dress so much!  I think you should embrace your body and rock the dress as is!  Really, with all the accessories and such, it’s not that “sexy”

Post # 8
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

@KHarm004:  I think it is fine,and is not as form fitting as your traditional mermaid. But even if it was, you probably have a really nice figure and may regret it later if you don’t show it off a little on your big day!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors