I love Maggie's 1920's/ Vintage style dresses!

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
30284 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@strawberrymarshmallow:  Those are gorgeous! But, because of the intricate beadwork on the dresses, I’m not really sure if you’ll be able to find much under $500.  Are you willing to look around for used?

Post # 4
2065 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Gorgeous, but with that much beading, you wouldn’t be able to find a wedding dress under 500.  Are you willing to go blush or champagne?  I’ve seen similar evening gowns in colors that could be bridal at department stores for around 500.  

Post # 5
151 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I tried on Gianna.  It was at a local shop that had very reasonable prices, but that particular dress was $1700.  I would suggest sites such as http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/ If you are uncomfortable buying used, they also sell sample dresses and new dresses with tags that brides have changed their minds on.

Post # 7
1737 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2014 - 13th ~ TN

@strawberrymarshmallow:  The Madrid is mostly lace, not as much beading. It might be your best bet. Check Etsy and site like it for dresses that might be similar for less.

Post # 8
3097 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - A court...

@StrawberryRoseCake:  gorgeous ! Did you end up getting it?

@strawberrymarshmallow:  what about evening gowns? Tadashi Shoji & Adrianna Papell have some pretty ones that arent expensive & off white. 

Post # 11
679 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Oh my gosh these dresses are all breathtaking. I really should not be looking at these- dress regret is setting in!

I’d love to see more of these on some real brides though if anyone has one of them 🙂

Post # 12
151 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

@atreyu547:  Thank you 🙂  It wasn’t really what I was looking for, but the beading was so beautiful I had to try it on.  I ended up with an ivory lacey number.

Post # 13
151 posts
Blushing bee
Post # 14
348 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@strawberrymarshmallow:  Ooh, those Maggies are stunning.  As others have said, look at evening gowns.  Check out some of Sue Wong’s dresses – many have that look.  You can find her styles online at Bloomingdales, Neiman, Nordstrom, Saks, and other dept stores as well as Misses Dressy, Couture Candy, and other sites. I was a Sue Wong bride and LOVED my dress (and it was well under $500!).

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors