I need a Rabbi and a Priest in the Philly area

posted 3 years ago in Interfaith
Post # 2
4043 posts
Honey bee

As far as I know, no Catholic priest will perform a marriage ceremony outside a Catholic church. We tried to get one to do anything – even just a prayer and blessing – in a hotel ballroom and they refused. Good luck!

Post # 4
1377 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

mcmals:  I’m with PABride: As far as I know, a Catholic Priest is not allowed to preform a ceremony outside a Catholic church. A Rabbi is also not allowed to perform an interfaith marriage. However, unlike other religions, in judaism, you don’t need a rabbi to perform the ceremony. Anyone can do it. I have two religious friends getting married in a month and their rabbi was doing another wedding, so they are just having a friend perform the ceremony.

  • This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  MangoSong.
Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors