Well I have only known about the weddingbee for a couple of months now, and I love it. I am an August 25, 2012 bride and really the question for me is what have I not done even though its over 2 years away.
What I have bought:
– My wedding dress from a trunk show in Indianapolis, the back is being custom done so it wont be ready till late September.
– We(my mom and I) are making all of our invitations, they are so cute. I will have to upload pics later. Our colors are bright pink and lime green. So we bought enough cardstock for around 150 invites. The pink paper is the pocketfold, and the green is an accent. We also found this really cute pink and green paisley print paper that we used for the actual invite part with green vellum over it.
– Low and behold the pink paisley paper is also available in fabric, and wrapping paper and I found a really cute guest book that has the same print used on the front of it.(I’m so excited)
– We are making tile save the dates, so I have bought enough 2×2 tiles for 150 invites. We are having a custom stamp made to stamp on it to show the tile is a save the date. Then we will adhere a small magnet to the back of them you can put it on the fridge.
– I am making our monogram cake topper. Its out of wood then I will paint it at a later date.
– I am also making a cake stand big enough to fit our 4 tier cake.
– We have reserved our reception and ceramony site at the local golf country club. We met and play golf so we thought it would be a perfect place.
– I have my bridesmaids, I dont think he has his picked out though.
– We have bought big tall vases to use as table decor.
– We are making our own pillow and flower girl basket so it will be in a bright pink satin which I already have purchased. It will have a green ruffled ribbon on it.
– I have already talked to our cake baker, I used to work at this bakery so it wasn’t a big deal to talk to her about it.
– I have found a groomscake that I am in love with (hopefully he is too).
– We have looked at table linen companies to rent from because at the country club them only have one pink and its a baby pink
– I have looked at these really cute streamers from Etsy.com which are so cool, since the golf course doesn;t want us to use bird seed, and they come in bright green and pink.
I think that is it for right now, I probably forgot something though.
talk to everyone soon!!