- Wannabee Mrs.G.
- 6 years ago
- Wedding: September 2012
Ok… I am to the point now where I don’t want a surprise. I want to KNOW so I know whether to be excited or whether I shouldn’t even think there is a possibility I could get a proposal before year end. Of course, I can’t ask my SO because (1) I took the Christmas challenge pact, (2) I had already vowed to myself not to mention marriage until the end of February, and (3) my SO seems to NEED this to be a surprise (while I, on the other hand, would really like to have some inkling as to what my future holds). I don’t need to know exact date, time, details… but I really would like to know if this is something that could happen “soon” (defined by me as within the next two months).
For a while, I thought I was getting a Christmas proposal, however, my SO has led me to believe that I will be getting an iPad for Christmas. But he keeps being so inconsistent with things he says regarding Christmas. Below are a list of things that make me think it will happen around Christmas, and another list that makes me think it won’t happen any time soon. Let me know what you think. I really need help preparing myself mentally for the next few weeks.
Signs of a Christmas Proposal
1. Asked for my ring size in October
2. In late October, mentioned visiting his friend who is a local jeweler
3. Said he bought me more than one Christmas gift, one of which was purchased in person
4. When I mentioned him spending a lot of money lately, he said he had “finished saving for what he was saving for”
5. When talking about money, I jokingly told him to take my Christmas gifts back and he said he couldn’t because they were made for me
6. Said we may need to go through different security lines at the airport when we go to my hometown for Christmas.
Signs that it will not be happening any time soon
1. Asked me what I want for Christmas
2. Led me to believe I am getting an iPad
3. Said all my gifts were delivered to his house (remember, jeweler is local)
4. Said all of my gifts came from same place
5. Said he hopes my mom did not buy me the same thing he bought me
6. Said that he needs to start saving again in the beginning of the year to buy me something.