(Closed) I owe $2500?

posted 7 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
565 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Wow!! I hope you get it resolved!

My fiance worked for a gym for a year , and he said they are very crooked. He states he will never give them his debit card number, b/c they would double dip out of their account or would continue to charge people even after they cancelled . I am sorry  this is happening!!

If you can’t get it resolved, if it makes you feel better, he says every gym around here ( urban active, fitworks, and the little ones ) have no control to touch your credit, you just can’t get another membership there until you pay your debt.

Post # 5
3297 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

I trust the gym I am with now, but the last one made me SO mad. I went in, in person to cancel when my contract was up. I physically signed forms. I ended up being charged for 4 extra months and when I called to complain I was treated so rudely and told that the guy “I supposedly” talked to had left the job months before I cancelled. Uh, no. Anyways… The best gyms are the small ones, with 2-3 staff members that you can befriend and trust.

Post # 7
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

It will probably by okay.  You don’t need to pay for a contract that you didn’t receive the services for.  Be sure to tell them that your contract was discharged because the gym was uanble to fulfill it’s contractual obligations. 

That is so frustrating though.  I hate having to deal with the same thing twice.  (or more than that!)

Post # 8
3124 posts
Sugar bee

wow this sucks. i just recently had an issue with a company trying to hold me to a contract that they violated for not listing all the terms and then trying to hold me to them. don’t be afraid to stick to your guns and be sure to document all the key things they have said, when you talk to them, names, etc. Most of the time people will drop these things and they are counting on you to give in. DON’T!!! good luck with it all, also if you write down all you remember about it now you won’t be worried about mixing up details down the road as you continue with the process!!

The topic ‘I owe $2500?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors