I said yes to a Casablanca 2077!

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Me too!!! So happy to see another person with it! I really think this dress does not get enough credit on here…it is so much prettier than the pictures in person. I thought about making mine poof more too, but I haven’t tried it yet. My dress had been in a bag before I tried it on, so that could have taken some of the poof out of it.  Do you know what color yours was? Mine is ivory with ivory sash, but I am wondering what the other colors look like. I am so obsessed with this dress,.. lol.

Post # 5
356 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Yay!! I have the same dress!!! Ivory with Gold beading and gold sash! In these pictures I was standing over a box, so maybe thats why it poofs out the way it does. When my dress comes in (Next month!!!) I’ll have to try it on with and without a crinoline. Or make a point to stand on platforms all night. 🙂  What color shoes are you going to wear with it? I was thinking gold sparkly shoes!! 🙂

Post # 6
356 posts
Helper bee

Also, I search for this dress on Weddingbee every couple of weeks, because I love looking at it, and so interested to see others in it!!! 🙂

Post # 7
2295 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Beautiful! I agree with adding a crinoline. Even if only a small one, it will help keep the shape when you walk, keep it from going in between your legs, etc. So many dresses look pretty when standing still, but you’ll be moving all night, and a crinoline is a big advantage there.

Post # 9
356 posts
Helper bee

Im so happy to meet dress twins too!!!  I ordered mine in June, and won’t get it until November.  I don’t get married until next June, so I don’t mind the wait. 🙂  I know what you mean about looking at pictures of the dress, I’m obsessed too! And then I look at other girl’s dresses and compare them, and just none of them can even begin to look as beautiful as this dress does!! but shhhh we won’t tell them that. 🙂

Post # 10
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I also do searches all the time for the dress. I don’t understand why it doesn’t show up in magazines more…only found it once in the Februrary issue of Brides.  I ordered my dress on August 16th and my it will come in on Valentine’s day! As for shoes, I am doing a silver/ivory with AB pickup because I don’t have the gold sash…since you guys do though, I think the gold shoe idea would be beautiful! I tried these shoes by touch up and liked the way they looked, but the heel was too tall and I would end up taller than my groom.

So I did some searching and found out that they make a shoe in the same material with a much shorter heel called Irene, and I got those instead. They look like this, but they sparkle like the shoes in the first picture.

What are you guys thinking about doing for your hair?

Post # 11
2290 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: Central Park

Love it! I’m a Casablanca bride too. Their dresses are gorgeous!

Post # 12
356 posts
Helper bee

@DisneyDiva Those are beautiful shoes!!  My hair is super straight, and won’t curl, so I will be putting my hair up.  My thought was flowing curls all pinned up, with a long cathedral veil 🙂  I’m not sure if I want a veil with beading, or if my dress has enough beading.  What will you be doing??

Also, Casablanca’s new Fall line is out, and thier dress 2098 is gorgeous! I think it’s similar to our dress, and I’m a little dress envy…

Post # 14
2086 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Gorgeous dress ladies!!!

Post # 15
356 posts
Helper bee

@abrown9 I also had to be careful about tall shoes! I just bought my shoes last Friday!

Kelly & Katie pumps

They are 3 inch heals, so I think I need to make sure my FI wears some shoes with a little bit of height. 🙂 Also, Im not good at wearing these kind of shoes all day, so I’m going to find some comfy gold slippers for the reception! 🙂

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors