- 8 years ago
- Wedding: July 2010
Sort of is an understatement.
1.) My father almost was arrested at the rehearsal, trying to jump my stepfather, causing a scene, almost ruining a nearby wedding. More info on that here:
That was the worst of it. It was a very traumatizing thing for me, and then to be thrown into a celebration that’s the-happiest-day-of-my-life (!!!) was just overwhelming. I sobbed all night. I sobbed all morning. I sobbed all the way through my hair appointment, I sobbed all the way back to the wedding. A BM gave me a Xanax, which helped. She came prepared for sure. I was just SO INCREDIBLY SAD on my wedding day. I got made up, got dressed and felt better though. Because I looked pretty.
2.) Since I was not paying attention to details, due to my mind wandering about the sitaution with ym father, several things did not get done. I went to my hair appointment and didn’t give anyone any direction while I was gone so:
– favor cards (donation cards) were not placed on the tables (a great aunt passed these out during the reception and the DJ made an annoucenment about it, which no one paid attention to)
– Mad Libs were not placed on the tables (the same great aunt passed these out too)
– Kids favors were not placed on the tables
– My family cut up the tulle I bought and made pew bows (which I HATE), instead of draping it from teh shepherds hooks
– The archway didn’t get decorated at all. I later saw the archway decorations hanging from a hook on the wall.
– Nobody had bout’s or corsages on. We had a large WP (12 guys) and several sets of grandparents. I made the bouts months beforehand and had them in a (open) box on the gift table. Someone closed the box up without looking inside it and put it away before the wedding, so GM’s, parents, officant, grandparents, NO ONE has bouts on.
– Due to those things not getting done, the photographer couldn’t take all the pictures I wanted her to. Sidenote- I look very happy in the prof pics, which I plan on posting when I get the CD. They turned out so amazing that I can’t believe I was able to fake it.
– A guest stole a centerpeice. I made sure to mention it in the thank you card though- “We hope you have a good summer and enjoy the vase and flowers!”
– A candle wasn’t placed on our memorial table for our good friend who passed away last summer (he was supposed to be the Best Man)
There’s more things that went wrong. I can’t think of them all off the top of my head. I am just SO FED UP with weddings. I know it’s because mine was all wrong. It was a horribly SAD day. I feel so abandoned by my father and he completely ruined everything. I didn’t want to get married that day, I remember thinking all day “Ughh I just want to leave and wear sweats and watch TV.” It was absoluetly not the best day ot my life, which I was pretty much banking on, like all of us are/were. I avoided the reception as much as possible so I didn’t have to talk to many people. It was just a complete disaster in my eyes.
The best parts of it- Seeing my family and friends bind together to support me (AMAZING- I felt so loved by then, but it didn’t negate the incident that happened), and marrying my husband. Although- It’s like it isn’t real. I feel like I was waiting for this amazing moment where I could feel like we were joined forever, and I barely remember the ceremony. I don’t remember “the moment” of being married, I don’t remember the kiss, I don’t remember walking down the aisle with my new husband. So we’re living together, and we have rings on our fingers, and apparently my last name is changed (so says the social security office) but it doesn’t feel real.
I am so angry. [attachment=1159672,146651] [attachment=1159672,146652] [attachment=1159672,146653]