Post # 1
So I have already griped about this before… But now I’m at the point I am so frustrated that I am considering changing venues…
There are 50 (eeeek!) days until my wedding, and I STILL do not have a ballpark per person price for my wedding. In fact, I have NO IDEA how much it’s going to cost. I am having a very small wedding- 30 ish people- at a gorgeous all inclusive venue. My parents and I booked and placed the deposit in April. We were told that it would be around a certain figure and the owner would get back with us with specifics. 2 months later I received a phone call from a lady I had not met stating that she was the coordinator and she wanted to meet. I was super excited that I got coordinator services… I have a crazy busy life and needed all the help I could get.
When we met in July, she assured me that she would make my vision happen and take care of thefood, rehearsal, the decorating, DOC, etc… Sounds great, right? Fast forward to numerous text messages to get a contract signed (who has to ASK to sign a contract?!), cancelled meetings (she said she was sick), and she is unable to give me a final price even after I provided a headcount because she is waiting on the florist. She has given me the florist excuse for over a month!
At this point… I’m ready to complain to the manager of the venue and/or find another location that will respond to me. I’m not demanding, I just feel like I should have these important things nailed down. I don’t even know the menu they are serving!!!!
Bees… What do you think I should do?! This is beyond aggravating, and I do not need this stress right now. Sorry this was so long, but help!
Post # 3
Its a progression.
First you need to have a discussion with the manager your problems and be specific about what you are looking for and by when (a couple days). I would ask that someone else help you with the coordination of any future items as well.
Meanwhile, look elsewhere. If they cannot get you what you need, then you need move the celebration to a new venue.
Post # 4
I would complain. I would also ask the coordinator what the total cost is if there are no flowers. That should give you a ball park minimum. Then ask her how much the florist could be. And decide if you will still have flowers. I would probably hire an outside florist (assuming the contract allows that) and use the venue for everything else. If she still can’t give you the total cost without flowers, I would consider switching venues.
Post # 5
Thanks for the responses. I honestly don’t understand what is so complicated by what I am asking. My wedding is super small… I also explained to her the bare minimum floral arraignments (bouts, corsages, my bouquet) and still she can’t give me an answer.
Post # 6
So I did a little Facebook stalking… Um apparently she isn’t too sick to go on a retreat in another city!!! Um so WTF?! And why would you lie about being sick to someone who is paying you money? I am beyond livid!
Post # 7
Yikes, poor thing. Only 50 days to go and all this is happening? I’d be insane. I solidified my total cost months ago (wedding is Nov 3) although maybe because I’m doing DW it’s different. You need to get this confirmed and fast. If she’s not willing to give you the pricing go above her. I would think that it’s too late to change venues by now so maybe you can strong arm her into cooperating? Ugh, good luck hunny bunch that sounds awful.
Post # 8
That sucks..Call and talk to the manager and decide from there.
Post # 9
I am so mad right now I am planning on sending an email so I don’t say anything I would regret to the manager…haha!
I just can’t get over how unprofessional this is!