- 4 years ago
- Wedding: September 2013 - B&B
I got my first tattoo when I was 18 (like, a month after I turned 18 I couldn’t WAIT!)
Ever since then (8 years now) I have been wanting more! I never got others because of money. I am pretty responsible money wise, and there are always things I needed more, until now that I am settled and have some disposable income.
I asked for one for Christmas, aka asked my Darling Husband if he was ok if we spent the money on it lol. I was calculating about 300-400 at least. Then…. my glasses snapped in half. $500 from checkup, glasses, and contacts later, and the celtic cross I want is probably not in the cards right now.
BUT I WANT ONE SO BAD. Actually, again, I want 8. So now my question:
Which one or two should I get now, while I keep saving for later? I have put thought into how easy they would be for me to cover up in the office, and with the exception of one and when I have to be in a formal dress, I think I will be ok. The tattoos I want:
*1) A celtic tree of life, where the roots intertwine with the horseshoes I already have. Starting at lower back, going up to probably right below the bra line.
*2) The navy blue and teal celtic cross. Not huge, but on my upper back (like between my shoulder blades).
*Both of those are the largest ones, most color, and therefore most expensive, so they are the ones I probably can’t get. Also the easiest to cover up, of course….
3) A small gold sun on the place semi-behind the ear/on the neck by the hairline. I have long hair and with that placement even with my hair up im not sure it would be easily noticeable.
4) In gaelic, “Though she is but small, she is fierce” written in a line on my inner forearm (right arm). Like the start of the sentence is near my wrist, the end near the inside of my elbow. NOT easy to cover up except for long sleeves and makeup.
5) Ok I might get made fun of for the next four, but here goes: 5 is my alma mater on my left wrist. A small phrase (small letters) on the topside, and the logo on the underside. Easily covered up by a larger bangle/bracelet, and of course long sleeves.
6) A harry potter tattoo on my foot. I know!!! I know!! The three small stars from the books, with Always (I saw the A done in the deathly hallows with the wand actually in the shape of Harry’s scar). Pretty cliche but I love love love the books. This would be on the side of my foot, inside, so probably easily covered up in heels and most other shoes. I rarely ever wear flip flops.
7) A LOTR tattoo on my left shoulder. (Like the very top of my arm, I guess, not shoulder as in back) The Evenstar. Fairly small, just with blank ink in the design, easily covered up for the office. BUT: I have formal events a few times throughout the year. I don’t think it would be TOO hard to find a short sleeve or long sleeve bolero or fancy covereup, but maybe…? We’re talking black tie optional formal.
8) A Hobbit tattoo on my right shoulder. Again, not large, mostly dark green or black/brown ink… a couple of symbols and a phrase winding the whole way around my upper arm.
Okay, now that some of you are done laughing for my geekiness… 😛