Post # 1
Did anyone else, like me, go crazy and inundate themselves with DIY projects? My wedding colours are soft pink and mushroom. And all the stationery is recycled.
Here’s what I did:
- Bonbonierre/ favours. I bought little heart shaped jars with a cork lid and filled them with multi coloured sugar almonds (FH didn’t like the shiny single colour ones so we opted for the multi coloured matte looking ones). And then tied a bow duet of mushroom coloured ribbon and twine with a recycled tag on its own little piece of twine. And I hand wrote our names and wedding date on 50 tags.
- I’M MAKING MY WISHING WELL! Saying this makes me want to face palm myself. I’m still in the middle of making it and have been criticised a lot for it as no one shares my creative brilliance in how I’m going to put it together. Hahahaha :/ It’s a lot of strapping sticks together with twine and has been very fiddley and laborious. I’ll post pics when I’m done.
- Table numbers. I still don’t know what exactly I’m going to do with this… and scatter decorations for the tables. I’ve bought moss wire, baby food jars and tea light candles and little wooden table numbers.
- Wedding invites. I designed them myself in photoshop, they’re self mailing, printed on 100% recycled card. I used a box cutter and a ruler to painstakingly cut them all out. And I hand wrote everyone’s names in copper plate.
- Guest Book. I bought a beautiful linen covered guest book with recycled card pages. I’m having an instax mini camera for guests to put their picture next to their guestbook message. And because all the pages were blank I used a nice die cut card to outline a little frame for each photo. 2 on each page. 80 pages -___-#
Needless to say all my DIY endeavors have left me with a very sore back…
Post # 3
DIY bride here too 🙂 I thoroughly enjoyed all my projects, but to be completely honest, there were a few projects that didn’t get used on the day. like my Pom Pom garlands – I laboured over those for hours – just CBF putting them out on the day lol
loved my DIY favours, menus, centrepieces, cake signs & card box though 🙂
Post # 4
I would love to see pictures 🙂
Post # 5
@roadside tom: Sounds beautiful! Labors of love for sure. I’d love to DIY a lot for our wedding, but I’m not sure if I can swing it!
@KellyLouise: Aw, you didn’t use your pom-pom garland! May I ask why? We are planning on making one because my FH just LOVED the look. It sure looks like a ton of work!
Post # 6
I just DIYed my Programs, Invites and I’m also DIYing my Candy Buffet….I was going to do other stuff, by my invites took the best of me….LOL. Oh, and I’m also DIYing the card box.
Post # 7
@PumpkinCheesecake: We had planned on hanging them at the front of the bridal table, but when we went to help set up, the staff had done the tablecloths a bit weird.. well, not weird, just not what I’d expected. I just didnt think it would work, so I left them. It was just going to be a bit too hard to try and hang them right. I do kinda regret it though 🙁 but we were SO rushed.
Post # 8
We went crazy… but we DID save a lot of money on the way.
- Card basket
- All signage, with the exception of one that our friend made
- Arranged all reception centerpieces, including a this neat scrapbook page that looked like lace, which we spray painted to be the right color
- Arranged all cocktail hour centerpieces (they were much smaller and we just used leftover flowers)
- 7 bouquets
- 5 bouts
- Simple bouquets used for every other chair going down the aisle
- Carnation Pomanders that hung on the gazebo
- Designed, printed and cut all menus
- Folded all of the napkins to fit around the menus
- Painted some of the picture frames for the picture table
- Designed, printed and cut all placecards
- Designed and printed table numbers, then glued and cut corks for them to fit in
- String balls that were hung from the trees outside for cocktail hour
- DIY’d a few of the favors themselves, as each table had different favors. This included clip on ties, clip on bowties, fortune tellers, and probably more I can’t remember
- Put together all 100 favor bags
- Mr and Mrs signs that got hung on the head table
I’m sure I missed a couple. Basically, we went nuts. Glad we did, but man, am I glad to have free time again!
Post # 9
Oh – we also did the cake stand, and ice cream buffet table. And ring box. 🙂
Post # 10
Mushroom color? Will have to google that one!
I actually like this color!
Post # 11
@roadside tom and @stephie bee would love to see some pics of your DIY projects
Post # 12
@NadzB: I plan to post them as we get them 🙂
Post # 13
Oh boy did I DIY. I was a crazy DIYer for my wedding (which was earlier this year)
- Centerpieces for 1/2 the tables
- Aisle decor
- Giant paper flower garland above ceremony site
- Monogram “guest book” (giant wooden monogram that guests signed)
- table runners
- silverware pouches
- table numbers
- card box
- loose paper flowers everywhere
- bolero (okay my mom made this one, but I designed it)
- I made a hair clip but ended up using a different one because of the metal color
- candy buffet
- bridal shoe clips
- Mr & Mrs chair signs
- Bridesmaid gifts (Glittered wine glasses with monogram wine clips
I THINK thats it… there are probably more I just can’t think of them at the moment
Post # 16
@StephieBee Amazing!! I’ve got to make the signs and tie bows on the bubbles
@MrsNerdy: sounds incredible!
anyone have pictures they’d like to share?
also this was more