- 6 years ago
- Wedding: May 2014
So…although I won’t be getting married for a year and a half, I am in the process of coming up with some ideas for a wedding…well, let me start by saying that I’ve decided on a glorious, yet classy, rainbow wedding! Why? You may ask…well, it’s simple…
1. Every time I would think of 2-3 colors for my wedding, I would change my mind when seeing another color, wanting to add it.
2. I am an outgoing, crazy, colorful woman who ADORES everything colorful, so naturally this made sense.
3. I wanted something unique for the both of us that really stood out and could be semi-formal/casual.
4. My Fiance is REALLY into old school cars, and what’s better than a rainbow of awesome muscle cars?
5. I just LOVE the idea!
So, there you have it! Well, here’s the gist of my ideas so far:
1. Make my basic palette black and white with POPS of rainbow throughout the ceremony and reception, so as not to overdo the rainbow theme.
2. Have bridesmaids wear tea-length black dresses with white sashes, each will have a different rainbow color that will be in the bouquet, hairpiece, and shoes.
3. Match up the groomsmen with the bridesmaids through their bouttoneires and shoelaces (they will be wearing chucks, of course!)
4. My wedding gown will be white with a black sash, bouquet will be rainbow roses, and DIY shoes will decked out with rhinestones in a classy rainbow way.
5. There will be 8 tables and 1 sweetheart table at the reception (there are 8 bridesmaids) Each table will have a black tablecloth, white chair covers, and black chair sashes.
6. Each table will be assigned a different rainbow color that will be in the centerpiece and napkins.
7. The sweetheart table will have a rainbow rose centerpiece and the rest black and white.
8. My aunt has offered to make my cake, which will be black and white on the outside and 8 layers on the inside of 3 tiers. Each layer will be a color of the rainbow. Ask for a picture and I will be happy to post!
This is what I have so far and I’d LOVE to know what you all think! Hopefully I have not overdone it on the rainbow, which I don’t think I have, and I’d love any suggestions you all may have!
I am having trouble coming up with an idea for the invitations, wedding favors, guestbook, and ceremony decor to tie in the rainbow/black & white. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and very much welcome!
Thanks, Bees! 🙂