Post # 1
1. “It’s YOUR day”. I don’t subscribe to this mentality. If it really was my day, none of you would be here.
2. “Why no garter toss/bouquet toss/introductions/etc”. Why does it matter? Shut up.
3. “Am I invited?”. Um, it’s a month away. Did you get an invitation in the mail? Or did you buy one? If not, you’re probably not invited.
4. “Are you excited?” I always say “no” and give them a dumbass look. What a mean bride I am! They get so uncomfortable and say “oh well I guess that was a dumb question”
I’ll be honest, as of late I’m been in such a nasty mood there’s nothing people can say to to me that doesn’t irritate me somehow! I can’t wait to get my life back to normal.
What bothers YOU lately?
Post # 3
LOLOL – I’m with you on the “ARE YOU EXCITED” question…. that one kills me EVERY time.
I’m going crazy with the family shower that’s being thrown for me next week – no matter how many times I tell them I don’t want to be involved with any planning or decision making – I feel like I’m being asked something EVERY day. I feel so ungrateful to get aggravated – but I.DON’T.WANT.TO.THINK.ABOUT.IT.
Post # 4
“Wow, a New Year’s Eve wedding? That’s . . . different.”
Post # 5
@oracle: Omg my gosh. I didn’t want a bridal shower and my FMIL called me every other day, LITERALLY, asking if I’d changed my mind. I felt so bad always saying “no”. But finally I put my foot down and she backed off. Showers are stressful.
Post # 6
@Linz1231: Wow Lindsay, a new years eve wedding? That’s…….AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post # 7
The “It’s YOUR day” KILLLLLLLS ME every freaking time I hear it!!! If its really my freaking day then why does everyone else have opinions and ideas on what I have to do!
Post # 8
“am I invited?” UGHH! Drives me crazy! Seriously? Who thinks that is an ok question to ask. If you have to ask, I don’t want to talk to you!
1. “You should…” If I wanted your advise, I would have asked. Thanks anyways. You had your wedding, now it’s our turn.
2. Also, I am pregnant (wedding has been planned for a year, pregnancy was not planned) obviously it has been an adjustment, but whatever we are happy. If I hear one more time: “What are you going to do with your dress” I may hurt them. I am going to wear it and I am going to glow! Now get out of my face!
Post # 9
“2012? You have SOOO much time!” or “2012? Why are you waiting so long?”
I realize that its a long time…I don’t need you to tell me. Also, its none of your damn bussiness why we are waiting till 2012!
Post # 10
@MrsPinkPeony: I know! Right?!
Post # 11
1. “What’s your colors/theme?” (Why? Are you going to go and buy a dress that looks exactly like the bridal party? I get asked this at least twice a week.)
2. “How much do you have done?” (Are you going to help me book things if I tell you what I don’t have done?)
I know we’ve got a little bit of time to plan, but ALREADY people with their nagging questions drives me NUTS!
Post # 12
@VirginiaMarie:you SO made the right decision. My mom was fretting about me not having a shower – saying you HAVE to have a shower. Then she wanted my sister (who wasn’t speaking to me at the time) to throw it. MOM – what part of NO do you not understand?!?! Then, sister came around and it gave them something to work on – so I said -ok, great. I get a call anytime anything happens (if there are no RSVP calls, if there are RSVP calls, if she went to the store to find something)…. seriously people?!
Post # 13
…….did you lose any weight yet?….
why thank you…I didn’t already know that time is ticking by quickly…. Its like, yeah I know that I am bigger than I want to be, and I am trying hard to change that….BUT I don’t need anyone reminding me! Will I only make a beautiful bride if I am skinny? WTF
Post # 14
I like the “what is your theme” question, personally. I give them the blank look with “Wedding” and “Love” as my answers 😉
Post # 15
@VirginiaMarie: 1. “It’s YOUR day”. I don’t subscribe to this mentality. If it really was my day, none of you would be here.
I HATE HATE HATE when people say that! I agree with you 100000%! If it was MY day I wouldn’t be paying for it, stressing about it, and basically putting on a party for 100+ people! If it was my day, people wouldn’t be creating unnecessary drama.
Post # 16
The “It’s YOUR day” drove me nuts too…especially when my mom said it to me. That meant that she didn’t approve of whatever I had decided on. It was awesome to hear.