Post # 1
I have a few questions for those planning to DIY their flowers. My questions are…….
1. Where are the flowers coming from?
2. What flowers are you purchasing? What colors?
3. What are the colors for your wedding?
4. How many bouquets, bouts, corsages, centerpieces and arrangments are you planning on making and how many flowers are you purchasing?
Post # 3
1. I think I’m buying mine from Whole Blossoms. They have the cheapest ranunculus I’ve found online.
2. I’m plannng on getting cream/ivory garden roses and white ranunculus. Maybe green hypericum.
3. Purple and green. Wedding has a rustic garden feel with burlap and lace.
4. My bouquet, three bridesmaid bouquets. Bouts and corsages are fabric flowers I sewed to save money AND time! Centerpieces…7. And 3 smallish arrangements. I think it’s doable.
We’re ordering 300 ranunculus and 100 garden roses. Maybe a filler pack of greens. I havent decided yet.
Post # 4
i am solely doing paper/button flowers – diy:) I want people to be thinking “wow, thats neat” 🙂
no fresh flowers for me, had that at the first wedding. now i am trying to be unique and different.
Post # 5
Sort of DIY in that we didn’t use a florist, but instead got this package from Sam’s. The flowers were beautiful and everything was perfect.
Wedding colors were ivory, turquoise and silver,so these were a great choice.
Post # 6
I did my own. I used ranunculas, dahlias, hypericum berries, and lavnder. I got mine from fifty flowers,the flower exchange and american floral distributors.
Post # 7
@penguinsaremyfriends: great job. beautiful composition/textures/colors. Well done girl!