If you were given $100,000,000 for a wedding, what would you do?

posted 3 years ago in Money
Post # 3
1721 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’d pick the most beautiful place on earth, pay for airfare, hotel, food, etc for all of my guests and have a week long wedding bash complete with amazing parties, etc.  I would also have a custom gown made and maybe custom shoes.  I’d also buy the best makeup I could and awesome accessories, including wedding day jewelry (assuming it counts lol).

Normally I am not into destination weddings, but for that amount of money, I could do it!  I’d also probably hire someone amazing to cook for me!  I wonder how much Gordon Ramsey costs lol.

Post # 4
873 posts
Busy bee

I don’t even know what i would do. I wonder what the foo fighters would charge for doing a wedding? 100,000 may not be enough.

In all seriousness, i still would have had it in my backyard but the place would have been transformed into a beautifully landscaped botanical gardens. i would have many bands playing. I would have had a much better stocked bar and many servers. i would have the biggest variety of the most delicious food, I would have paid for everything for my maids/groomsmen. i would have had gorgeous lighting covering everyone of the trees in my orchard. I would have a bouncy castle for the kids… I am sure I could think of more things if I kept going

Post # 5
296 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Have myself covered in white gold and encrusted with diamonds rather than buy a dress?

Honestly, I would invite every single person I know and as the favors I would donate whatever the leftovers from my actual wedding (so like $99,999,975ish) to charities. Oh, and I would give everyone a puppy too.

Post # 6
2527 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2014 - Italian Villa

Bulgari Hotel in Milan (As in Bulagri the brand, and a partner of Ritz Carlton- enough said!)

Custom-made gown

Amazing exotic flowers

Intoxicating food

The same guest list, but I would pay room and bord for those who came, as well as tours of the area

I would pay for everything for the bridal party and parents (attire, flight, room & board)

So really for me the only difference is the expense of the location, hired florist, more expensive food, and a more expensive dress. Technically my dress is custom, but I am doing the work myself and it is a lot!

ETA: It has been brought to my attention that that says $100 million, not $100 thousand! I don’t think my plan above would spend the $100 thousand, and I don’t think I could plan to spend all of $100 million without feeling like a rotten human being. Quite honestly there isn’t much I would change about the wedding we are having, just the quality of the details and lowering everyone else’s expenses (but not to zero unless you are BP. If you’re not willing to contribute something, you don’t care about being there except for the free shit).

Post # 7
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Id do everything the same.    But id have bon jovi as my wedding singer 😉 x

Post # 8
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@WillowTreeWade:  pretty sure the title says 100 MILLION!  Yikes.  I bet the foo fighter would play for that.

Post # 9
532 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I’ll be completely honest – I’d rent out Disneyland.

I’d get married in Cinderella’s castle, dress all my guests up as Disney characters (and if any friends refused – I would buy new friends), and once we were officially married, we would go on all the rides and eat churros.

Post # 10
873 posts
Busy bee

@Ice_cream:  haha oops. well yes then i would have the foo fighters. I would have made it a wedding week instead on one night. i would fly everyone I know to the wedding. i would multiple famous chefs doing different stations. oh yes and we would fly away into the sunset on our jetpacks:) i honestly can’t even dream that big.

Its funny though, no matter the budget, I still would have had it in my back orchard.

Post # 11
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

@Pear85:  spend >6grand on a small wedding and reception than travel for my honeymoon! Like I mean REALLY have some fun with that honeymoon.

I guess that’s my way of saying.. I cant picture myself having a big grand affair.. its just not me. Can’t stand the spotlight.

Post # 12
42490 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’d have the same wedding but get all the vendors to multiply their bill x 10,000.

I would meet the conditions by spending all the money on the wedding. There would be nothing of the $100,000,000 left over.

I would have a side deal with the vendors to refund me 90% of the overbilling 1 yr after the wedding.

Post # 13
7203 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@Edooler87:  Bon Jovi? For $100M I think I could pay someone to clone Freddie Mercury 🙂

Post # 14
3778 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Invite everyone I wanted to. Buy all the BM dresses/attire for the wedding party, my parents, DH’s parents. Rent out Michael Buble for music. Serve incredible food and have a crazy awesome open bar. Get a videographer (since I couldn’t afford one for my wedding). 

Post # 15
441 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2013 - Garden

I would plan a reasonably extravagant destination wedding, fly in all of the guests, and whatever money was left over I would convert to gold bars to give out as favours so I didn’t have to burn the cash 😉

Post # 16
462 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Honestly, I would still buy a nice, but affordable (afforable to me NOW) dress, and elope, lol. But maybe at a destination and include a very long honeymoon with it, would that count? I would hire a photographer and videographer for it.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors