If you were given 75,000 air lines miles…

posted 3 years ago in Travel
Post # 3
2042 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@Treejewel19:  Well thats nice!!!!! I would go to Greece.  I have always wanted to go.  I told DH he has to take me there in 2015 for our 2 yr anniversary before we have a baby 🙂 I have all planned, 4 days in Athens and 3-4 days in Oia. 

Post # 4
132 posts
Blushing bee

@Treejewel19:  That is amazing!! Congrats on your pregnancy & the gifted airmiles

I would choose a continent/concentrated area, and go nuts – because once you are in an area, the flights/travel in between are cheap! I might do something like France, Spain, Italy, and the UK or Germany. I might also do something like Malaysia, Singapore, Bali & Indonesia. 

You have 7-10 days, which is awesome, but you also don’t want to spend extensive time travelling in between locations.

Instead of an action packed trip, you could also make this your “babymoon” and travel somewhere relaxing & tropical – maybe somewhere like Hawaii, and then explore the other islands – Maui, Kauai, Oahu, etc. They each have something lovely to offer. 

I’m also a huge fan of Greece – especially Santorini. It is my dream to go there. Oh, and I would love to go to Bora Bora, and St.Lucia. 

I could imagine it would be stressful travelling after your baby is born. My parents travelled with a 6 month old – it was stressful, but they did it over and over again with 3 kids under the age of 7. In hindsight, I don’t know how they did it, but my vacation memories growing up are amazing 🙂 

Post # 5
494 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I think it’s different for me as I live in Europe so I’d go futher afield but if I didn’t live in Europe I would recommend Southern Italy or Southern Spain

They own’t be super hot but they’d be warm ish,especially in April. 

Sorrento? Beautiful place 🙂 

Post # 6
494 posts
Helper bee

Also if you do do Europe, just because we’re smaller countries doesn’t mean you can see 5 easily in 7 days! 😀 x

Post # 7
1134 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

How nice! Wow! I would go somewhere warm to get away from the freezing temperatures and foot of snow, lol. I’ve always wanted to visit the Caribbean and stay in one of those nice resorts. Or maybe I would go back to Serbia with FH so we could spend more time with his family and he could show me around more.

Post # 8
10384 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

You could do first-class one way almost anywhere in the world with that many AAdvantage miles! If I were pregnant, i’d milk that :-). If you could put about 35,000 miles with that you’d get round trip business or first class – lay flat bed! – to almost anywhere.

Post # 9
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@Treejewel19:  You live on the west coast so my vote is for Australia or Japan.  Flights are super long and the trip to either country is expensive so being able to write off the plane ticket would be awesome.  Plus, noth countries have excellent medical care for just in case something goes wrong with your pregnancy while traveling.  Plus, our winter is summer time in Australia.

Post # 11
1894 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

i would first look at the actual availability and prices…. so price out a few options to see whats gives you biggest bang for your buck…. also dont forget hotel etc. 10 days in a hotel is going to cost a fair amount so you might want to look at something that is a less traveled/better value.

i used airline miles to pay for my honeymoon and in order to get my choice of flights in first class i.had to book exactky 300 days out (the day the schedules are published)

this isnt to say you wont be able to.find something just saying have a few ideas and then see what is available…. 

also remember continental us/canada & mexico trips are 25 -50,000 miles roundtrip.per person in economy while europe is 40-80,000 per person economy so you might want to consider that before you think about thailand etc

Post # 13
2873 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I would look at what 75K miles can get you and go from there.  I know that I was looking at flights over Chirstmas, and I needed 50K miles to just get me to FL. 

Post # 14
8518 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2014

@Treejewel19:  I didnt know you were pregnant! Congrats!

For me, I’ve wanted to go to England since I was a wee little kid. I actually used to have dreams about going when I was in elementary school. So I’d have to go there.

Post # 16
1441 posts
Bumble bee

@Treejewel19:  Are you trying to use those for two people?  75k is not enough if you are trying to go international unless you can find one of the rare 30k economy seats and/or you’re willing to have multiple connections.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors