(Closed) I'm 5 feet tall, 104lbs and need a dress!

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
5429 posts
Bee Keeper

It depends on your body type… how long is your waist? I have a very short torso (from my boobs to my hips is not very long) Can you post a pic of just your body? It will help in suggesting an appropriate dress style.

Post # 4
817 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’m 4’11” but a little curvier.  It was hard to find the right dress and for the most part, I liked the more fitted ones, but at the 4th place I went, I found one that was a little poofier but didn’t overwhelm me.   I think a lot just depends on the dress it’s self.  Some cuts didn’t look great on me in one designer, but fit well in another.  I think if you keep trying, you’ll find the right one.  I’m not 100% sure what my cut is, but I think it’s an A line.  A little fitted but still has the volume toward the bottom.  Also, remember you can take out some of the fluff underneath if it’s too much for you and still get the shape you like.  Good luck!!

Post # 6
429 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@Megs78:  I think you can still do a ballgown – you’ll just need to have it altered to your size! They can take out just one or two layers of the poof and you’ll still have a ballgown without it swallowing you. 

I always encourage anyone to go ballgown if they like it. Always. 

The topic ‘I'm 5 feet tall, 104lbs and need a dress!’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors