(Closed) I’m crazy…I’m altering the Casablanca 1900 to have a v. diff top…am I?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Am I crazy?
    Yerp, you be crazy. : (4 votes)
    17 %
    I've seen alterations pay off, you can do it! : (13 votes)
    54 %
    Er...maybe, you're taking it a tad too far, maybe just add straps or something. : (7 votes)
    29 %
  • Post # 3
    1940 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

I would probably check with a seamstress to see if the alterations you would like are feasible.  It sounds like it requires deconstructing the gown and putting in back together (although I’m not a professional seamstress of anything).  

So will the top be a different color/fabric (champagne satin) that the rest of the dress?  I just couldn’t tell if you were just ordering the organza or the satin as well from the company.

Oh, and you’re dress is really pretty!

Post # 4
    179 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

How about cap sleeves? they might work in a similar way, without destroying the dress…

Post # 6
    2889 posts
    Sugar bee

I also love the look fo the deep V with lace, however, I feel like this look only work if you have A or B cups. You mention a “larger rack” so I would suggest you try on dresses with that sort of top. I think it may be a bit too revealing and not offer any support. I guess if you like it then go for it.

Post # 7
    3219 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2010

I did something kinda like that but i just sent a dress maker 2 dresses i liked. One was a a strapless ( i have big boobs too and didnt like the look) and then a V-veck dress with pretty straps. I havnt seen the dress yet  it wont be here till june but i got the sketch a few weeks ago.

Post # 8
    99 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

Casablanca’s really good about doing custom alterations when you order the dress- do any of their dresses have tops like you want? You can order it something like “the 1900 with the top like XX style.” I have a casablanca and had it customized to a sweetheart by them, and they did a good job- it’s not as extreme a change as what you are talking about, but i’ve heard of people doing that with them.

Post # 9
    1426 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 1969

At this point, it’s almost like you’re having a custom made dress rather than altering one.  I would be too scared to try it, but if you have a professional who says it can be done then go for it! good luck!  Show us how it turns out!

Post # 10
    3762 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

I agree, have you tried on dresses with the top like you are describing?  Also, what would the back look like?

The topic ‘I’m crazy…I’m altering the Casablanca 1900 to have a v. diff top…am I?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors