(Closed) I’m going to a bridal shower & IM STUMPED

posted 7 years ago in Parties
Post # 3
2600 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

It’s hard when people under-register when they are having a shower.  I like your idea, but I think it’s better suited for a graduation gift or housewarming, not a shower.

Maybe a gift card to the store she registered at or for a manicure/massage.  I would have LOVED a spa or salon giftcard at my shower last week since I’d love to have those kind of services for the wedding but won’t be able to because of budget.

Good luck!

Post # 4
2313 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

What I’ve done in this situation is give a nice cookbook (all newlyweds appreciate them) and something for the home that’s monogrammed, because all brides love to use their new last initial. Linen hand towels for the bathroom with the initial of her new last name and a cookbook does the trick every time. 

Post # 5
3943 posts
Honey bee

She’s having 150 people to the bridal shower?!!!

I think your gift idea is a very nice one. I like theme baskets like that. I did one for my cousin that was a really nice pizza stone, pizza cutter, fancy plates, and a pizza cook book. Ive seen similar things for people that like to bake-quality mixing bowls, baking utensils, etc.

When all else fails, gift cards are almost always appreciated. And cash/checks for the wedding gift 🙂

Post # 6
5978 posts
Bee Keeper

Doing a dinner for 2 basket is also really nice. When we were saving up for the wedding, we never really got out to dinner very often. A friend of mine got us 2 bottles of wine in a basket with some cheese and crackers and a gift certificate to a restaurant. It was so sweet of them and made us enjoy some time together pre-wedding.

Post # 7
46154 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

One idea I have used is to buy them a beautiful new frame for them to display their wedding picture after the wedding.

Another idea is to buy a special place setting of red dishes. When one member of the couple, or later on perhaps a child, needs cheering up or a special achievement needs to be celebrated, that person gets the red dishes.

Post # 9
1766 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Some people gave us gift cards or checks at my shower and we didn’t mind at all. 😉

I also like the spa giftcard idea.  What bride doesn’t appreciate a mani/pedi or massage?

Post # 11
74 posts
Worker bee

is she going to be changing her name?

you could get her one of these http://www.thatsmypan.com/shop/ with a lid that says, “from the kitchen of first name new last name” i think they are cute!

Post # 12
1766 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@wstonesifer707: Or after the wedding… Her mother sounds like a piece of work.

Post # 13
3363 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I would get her a gift card to the store she registered at.  She must like the store if she registered there. 

Post # 14
2313 posts
Buzzing bee

LOL she sounds so difficult maybe you just SHOULDN’T get her anything.

Post # 15
966 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

A gift basket is a nice idea.  However, I do agree with the other posters in that the paper towels and such are better suited for a graduation gift.  Here are two things i did in the past:  1.  stuff for the honeymoon.  a travel book to their destination.  luggage tags.  pillows, eye masks, and blankets for the plane.  etc.  and 2. a summer gift basket with string lights, acrylic glasses & pitcher, acrylic plates, citronella candles along with some stuff for grilling.  But a gift card is always a safe bet. 

The topic ‘I’m going to a bridal shower & IM STUMPED’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors