Post # 1
I think someone did this a while ago, challenging all us fuming/impatient/slightly bitter waiting bees to think of things that made us happy despite or because of being engaged.
I have been challenging myself to get over and let go of the disappointment of realizing that I won’t be getting married this year.
I’m grateful that I’m not getting married this year because:
- I’ll be Maid/Matron of Honor in my best friend’s wedding in May! I’ll get to focus on her wedding and making her feel special without being absorbed in my own big day.
- EVERYone I know is getting married this year. Too much weddingness. I’ll be buzzed on cake. My wedding being next year will make it so that everyone isn’t weddinged out by the time mine happens.
- We can take this time to work things out and strengthen the relationship.
- He can take more time to sell his autoparts so that we don’t have to move them into a new garage.
- We can both keep our rent cheap another year.
- My parents can save more money.
- My married friends will have more time between their wedding and mine so they’ll be more likely to come.
- I won’t have his income to claim on FAFSA and maybe I can go back to school.
- I’ll have more time to browse pinterest and come up with more style ideas (because I don’t have a clue right now).
- God’s timing is better than mine.
Post # 3
@missjuli: Good thread. Always nice to look at it from the ‘glass half-full’ perspective.
My darling Boyfriend or Best Friend. I’m grateful that you want to do the best you can for us, because you love me so much.
If that means waiting a little while longer, then I’m with you, because you’re with me.
Post # 4
I’m grateful because I had the best weekend ever with my SO this weekend, even though it didn’t include a proposal! We went ice skating and then we went out for sliders and margaritas on Saturday, and on Sunday my SO took me shopping to buy some new gym clothes, then he surprised me and took me to my favorite restaurant for a late lunch/early dinner, and then took me to see the Hunger Games which I’ve been dying to see!
Next weekend should be equally as awesome because we’re going to Boston for a Bruins game and to walk around and be tourists!
Post # 5
I’m grateful because….
- My Fiance is amazing and always knows to make me cheer up when I’m feeling down.
- My Maid/Matron of Honor has been the most amazing support and help ever!
- I found the bridesmaid dresses for fairly cheap and they will be here in time for the wedding.
- We had an amazing time at our engagement party yesterday and couldn’t believe how much we got from everybody.
- My Fiance is super excited to TTC right after wedding, and tells me everyday by next year we will have a baby.
- We’ve been really good so far at saving the money for the wedding.
- and finally, My Mother-In-Law and Father-In-Law to be have offered to send us to Vegas for our honeymoon after the weddding.
I’m sure there is tons more I’m grateful for but today thats the big things.
Post # 6
I’m grateful because
- My SO and I have a wonderful life together with our own little “family” of animals.
- He is so caring and sweet; he’s my best friend!
- I feel so complete when I am with him, I know it’s meant to be!
- We have a great time doing nothing together 🙂
@MissBoPeep: My SO took me to see Hunger Games last night! It had me on the edge of my seat the entire time! I really enjoyed it! Did you like it?
Post # 7
I’m grateful that I’m not getting married this year because:
- I have a wonderful SO whom I love very much and who loves me – he’s my best friend and I’m just thankful to have him in my life
- I have no time to plan a wedding anyway especially in the second half of the year when I’m writing my dissertation
- We’re not in the financial state or the point in our careers where we are ready to get married – we are/will be using the waiting and engagement periods to get us there.
- I still need to lose a LOT of weight and I’m using my waiting period to do that
Post # 8
@cewalte: I did! If it were a couple hours longer it would’ve been even better! Haha, I felt like there wasn’t enough time to get to know the characters as well as you did in the book.
Post # 9
Can I play if I am already married?
I am grateful for the sunshine after two weeks of frigging rain!!!!!!!!!!!
Post # 10
I like this:
– Despite the fact I don’t have a ring on my finger, I have a wonderful relationship with my SO. We are happier than a lot of engaged or married couples we know.
– Our relationship is continuously growing, and I know he adores me.
– We have built a little “family”. And to hear my SO call myself and our dog his family melts my heart.
– I am actually TERRIFIED of planning a wedding. It makes me anxious just thinking about it and I know I will need to have long time to do it so I don’t get too stressed. So yes happy to get engaged, not anxious to plan.
– That being said, having time to find cool Pinterest DIY and colour schemes is beneficial.
– When we do get engaged, I know our families and friends will all be genuinely happy for us.
Post # 11
At restaurants my boyfriend always does the 2-for-20 or 2-for-25 or whatever with me, even his first meal choice isn’t on there. We don’t even discuss it. I say, “they have this menu” and he says, “ok,” because he knows I want to do it. Silly? Maybe. Also sweet.
Post # 12
@missjuli: OP, your last statement is so true! God’s timing is better than mine.
Thanks for sharing *hugs*
Post # 14
I’m grateful to realize how much my SO really does love me and want THE Best things for me.
I gave him probably 10 choices for “inexpensive” rings, and he refused. he said he wants the best for my finger and promises to make it happen. I offered to help with payments… and he said he doesnt want to do anything drastic. he told me to wait untill after the end of the month before doing anything drastic. (the end of the month is my BDAY!)
Post # 15
Aww yay! Everyone has such happy grateful lists!
@ViaMinorViator: Yep you can play! Gratitude is good for everyone.
@Miss Circe: and @Rush1986: It’s comforting to hear that other people can look on the bright side of not getting married yet– even when we really want to!