- 3 years ago
- Wedding: April 2014
I was the type of girl who ever since they were a little girl, was brought up to believe that I was worthless, and due to incidences that happened to me I never believed that I would find the love of my life as corny as that sounds. However I did, and when it came to the proposal and the wedding, at every turn point something went wrong to the point now that I cant look at my wedding photos or videos or even discuss the wedding.
1. My mum ruined the proposal, the night I was actually going to be proposed to my mother spent three hours screaming at me in her room, making it impossible for my fiance to take me on the surprise he had planned to take me to propose, instead I was proposed to in an expected proposal 24 hours later that my parents made sure they had as much control in as possible.
2. A week after I got engaged, during easter, my mother while drunk called me every name under the sun, slapped me in the face and because I dont believe in hitting my mother back, and I answered back after the initial hit, I got dragged by my hair and hit to a point it took my brother and my fiance to get her off me. Due to the injuries I sustained from the attack I was unable to have my teeth professionally whitened for the wedding and also have now got nerve damage in the jaw area on the side of my face.
3. I scored a concussion and a left knee injury two weeks before my engagement party after being on a ladder that collapsed resulting in me being strapped up not only my leg but my back for my engagement party.
4. On boxing day last year during an argument while my mother was drunk she kicked myself, my fiance, my brother and his partner out of her house and didnt talk to us for several weeks and during the months between boxing day and the wedding the relationship with my mother was shakey at best, as my mother, my fiances mother, friends and lots of other ppl made demands out of me.
5. my mother barely spoke to me for my dress fitting, making it the awkwardest dress fitting ever
6. Forty-eight hours before my wedding my mother became verbally abusive towards the wedding coordinators where the wedding reception was being held, and threatened for her and all her guests to not go (we had paid $300 a seat for this reception, this was a hotel/restuarant place), at this point I had had enough of months and months of her demands, months of her demanding things to be her way and what i said to her was that if she wasnt coming to my wedding she could f off out of my life. She sent me abusive messages drunk into the night and stayed at the hotel over the next 24 hours she sent messages and made calls at different times some semi nice, some cruel (destroyed several pre wedding events, to the point there was no rehearsal) but nothing prepared me for the rehearsal dinner the night before my wedding.
7. At the rehearsal dinner the night before my wedding, my mother was cruel throughout the meal, herself and her husband who at one point i felt was a father figure, which i dont feel anymore because how could he let her talk to me like that. In front of guests after I found out (she told other guests she was not attending the wedding) she called me “trash” a “bogan” a “b*tch” and so many other horrible things that I cant write without becoming hysterical. This was to the point where I had to be escorted out of the restaurant because I couldnt take anymore, this is suppose to be the person who loves you the most in this world and for them to say all those horrible things broke me. And for many of those guests who stood by and did nothing her so called friends made me not want to see them. Leaving the rehearsal dinner I realised my mother was not going to be at my wedding. After returning to my hotel room later that night and my brothers girlfriend who stayed with me in the end as my mother wasnt going to had gone to sleep, i climbed over the balcony, and considered jumping. Because when neither of your parents love you its difficult to even want to face everyone, especially when one parent has humilated u in front of those u care bout, telling you your nothing and your worthless. (Im so happy I didnt jump or do anything stupid)
7. My father was invited to the wedding but i wasnt even worth an RSVP of No.
8. I realised the morning of my wedding that my mother resented me and blamed me that her wedding 10 years earlier wasnt perfect as I was sexually assaulted by one of the groomsmen and his son, but hadnt come forward about it (i was a teen at the child).. it took my siblings all morning to convince my mother to come to the wedding and thinking back they shouldnt have bothered, she was rude to guests, to people, inappropriate, and humilated me.
9. The rings were forgotten for the wedding by the best man who chucked a tantrum (least of my problems) one of the cars cancelled
10. One of my bridesmaids broke her leg in two places after walking off the back of the wedding party platform at the reception, resulting in ambulance crews, more drama.
Sorry the rant is long, this isnt even half of what had happened, but yeah. Am I being selfish having a hard time looking back at my wedding I worry that I am. Do I have a right to be angry at my mother and all those people who stood there and watched her tear me apart and did nothing (my siblings did intervene at the rehearsal dinner but no one else did)