Post # 1
…My date 🙁
Probably to August 13, but we’re not sure yet.
FI and I have agreed that this abuse from my family is not worth keeping our date the same. So we’re going to talk to all of our wedding party, and see what will work for everyone.
What a freakin’ mess.
Post # 3
@napabridekelsey: Ugh, I’m so sorry that you’re having to do this, though I can certainly understand why you’re doing it, given how emotional your mom was about the whole thing.
In the long run, your wedding isn’t about when you get married but about the commitment you are making to your partner and the support of your families. So I think it’s actually required a lot of maturity for you & your fiance to back down on your date and evaluate the situation in the terms of what will ultimately make this day a celebration for all involved. I’m sorry that your mom stubbornly refused to see your point of view, but at least take comfort in knowing that you are being the bigger person here :).
Good luck with everything. I hope that the circumstances don’t affect your relationship with your parents too negatively in the long run.
Post # 4
yuck. I’m sorry you have to go through this.
Realisticly, what is going to happen? Will you lose vendors and deposits?
Post # 5
@mckernae: thank you. We feel like this is just going to release all of the pressure on us and (hopefully) guarantee a stress-free day.
@SoontobeMrsA: Thanks 🙁
Realistically, the only thing that I’m worried about money wise is people who have already booked flights. i.e. FI’s GM from D.C. needs to change his and his girlfriends’ tickets, so I’m just concerned there will be a fee for that. We’ll reumberse him, if that’s the case.
Also, I have to buy all new invitations and print those, as well as new labels for the favors. I’m having my mom pay for that.
Otherwise..I’m hoping that’s the only thing. We haven’t started calling vendors yet, because I want to confirm with the wedding party first that the day works, before stirring the dirt up.
Post # 6
@napabridekelsey: man, the whole situation stinks. Are you just changing the date or doing a whole different invite?
Good luck with getting the date set. Hopefully this all happened for a reason and it’ll rain your original day or something.
Post # 7
@SoontobeMrsA: Haha I really hope that it’s all worth it. If they’re still not happy, it’s proof there’s nothing I can do.
The original invites have the ‘old’ date on them, and I’ve already printed and glued all of my invitations to the pocketfolds, so I’ll have to buy all new invites because of that. I don’t have to re-print the envelopes or RSVP cards, so that takes away most of the work.
So far so good on getting the date set…FI has contacted his best man (whose wife is due to have a baby on July 29) and he thinks a later date will work out better.
Now we’re waiting on hearing from his other GM who’s in D.C. to see if he can change his time off at work (he’s a Federal Agent) and his GF who is a Lobbyist. Ugh!
Once he gives the go-ahead, I’ll start telling everyone.