2254 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Oh wow…. that’s beautiful….. 

I’m obsessed with Allure. 

Post # 5
34 posts
  • Wedding: August 2014

I bought this dres and I absolutely love it! I can’t wait  to see what it will look like after alterations are done.

Post # 6
26 posts

Hi Ladies,

This is my dress too! I purchased it in the ivory/silver/gold and I’m absolutely in love with it. It’s stunning. I have a question though–have any of you gotten your alterations done yet?? I ordered it in a size 10 and it’s too big so not only does it need to be taken in, but when I went to th seamstress last night I was a bit in shock of the work that needed to be done:

-Take in side train (for bussle to look better) $125

-Take in courset $65

-Inside bussle $50

-Inside bussle on lace $150

-Hem on the sides $75

-Lace work and bead work to hem lace and hem beads at the top of the dress $35/hour (hand work)

So essentially, I’m looking at over $600. Does this sound right to you girls who’ve gotten this done? I’d love some direction on what you did for alterations although I know it differs girl to girl. My biggest conern is her need to take in the sides of the train a bit. Did you ladies do this? I don’t want the bussle to look awkward, but I also don’t want to ruin the gorgeous train.

Please help!

Post # 7
144 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Fort Lauderdale Beach

This dress is stunning!

Post # 8
280 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Oh my goodness, I think I just had a heart attack! That dress is STUNNING! It’s a little too much beading for my taste, but crap, I may have to try it on anyway!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors