- 8 years ago
- Wedding: March 2011
I have had many sleepless nights over this, and now I turn to you, hive, for advice..
There are 2 contenders remaining in our venue search. My basic criteria that we can have an afternoon outdoor ceremony followed by an indoor reception.
Venue #1 – winery
– I have dreamed of having my wedding here ever since I attended a friend’s wedding here 5 years ago. Think vineyards, wine barrels and palm trees.
– Don’t need alot of decorations, as chiavari chairs and uplights are included.
– If it rains, the indoor room for the ceremony is beautiful (chandeliers, wine barrels, candles)
– Far: a majority of my guests will have to drive about an hour to get here
– Sunday: only Sunday availability
– Food: my guests can either choose between the vegetarian or chicken option (due to costs, we are going with this menu..)
Venue #2 – community center (yes, very different vibe, I know..)
– close: a majority of my guests only have to drive 15-20 minutes at most
– clean and quaint
– BYO caterer,which means my guests will definitely enjoy yummier food
– Cost-wise: this is a more wallet-friendly option, since Fiance and I are paying for the wedding ourselves.
– Can have it on a Saturday
– the ceremony area overlooks the rooftop of industrial buildings
– need to bring in lots of rentals to dress up the space (chairs, linens, lighting)
– the layout of the room is more rectangular than square (so the table sitting in the far back can’t really see the head table)
Both spaces are very nice, but yet offer a very different vibe. So the question is.. should I be selfish and make my guests drive an hour to attend a wedding, on a Sunday afternoon/evening, just so I can have my dream winery wedding?
Or.. should I just bite the bullet and have it at the nice community center so my guests can eat yummy food and not drive so far, but I’d have to bring in lots of decor and lighting to dress up the space a bit more?