Inexpensive 100 person Sunday Breakfast in Manhattan, New York

posted 3 years ago in New York City
Post # 3
42549 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@jsbwedding:  If you don’t get the information you need, look on the New York Chowhounds Board. The  challenge will be that most inexpensive places do not accommodate 100 people.

http://chowhound.chow.com/boards/18

Do a  search and read previous posts first. If you don’t find the name of a suitable place, post a request for suggestions.

Post # 4
6812 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

Have you checked yelp? I don’t think you’ll have much luck finding a place for under $35-40/pp even for breakfast, but you might. It’s going to just take some googling and calling.

Post # 6
907 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Your best bet would maybe going into a small restaurant that doesn’t normally do breakfast and see if they can put something together for you. One of my bridal showers was at this cute little pub called Mary O’s in the East Village. We had the whole place to ourselves and didn’t have to buy it out since they weren’t normally open at that time. Good luck! 

Post # 7
4760 posts
Honey bee

@jsbwedding:  hee hee I loled when I saw inexpensive and Manhattan in one line.  A food cart is your best bet.

Post # 9
7286 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@jsbwedding:  Woud you be willing to have your guests come to Brooklyn? 

However, I’m not sure that you will find something for $20-25 in NYC or Brooklyn generally even if it is breakfast/brunch. $35-40 sounds more reasonable to me. Because you still have to take into consideration tax/service fees.

Post # 11
1881 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Try Kittichai in Soho! Also look at Calle Ocho on the UWS.

Post # 14
1881 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@jsbwedding:  Aww shucks, good luck! Also check out Gabriela’s on the UWS and Osteria Cotta. Gabriela’s is nice and big, and should fit the bill. Osteria is smaller, but cozy and so so so good.

Post # 15
1002 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Have you thought about going to a place in Jersey City or Hoboken?  They are both easily accessible by public transportation, will be cheaper than Manhattan, and you can hopefully find a place on the Hudson and your view can be NYC.

Post # 16
151 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@jsbwedding:  We’re getting married next May in NYC too, on May 17 actually!  It will be a destination wedding for us, so about 99.8% of our guests are coming from Louisiana!  Just curious, are you hosting any group activities?  We’re trying to play with ideas!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors