(Closed) Interviewing DJ’s & I need some advice.

posted 7 years ago in Music
Post # 3
14498 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

We wanted to make sure they didn’t play alot of songs (ie-chicken dance).  We also gave them a list of the songs we wanted to make sure they had them and could download them if they didn’t.  I also wanted to know what kind of equipment they had, like mics, what kind of speakers, lights, computers, etc..  I did go by one of his shows to make sure that he was the style that we wanted.  I also asked about when he wanted to be paid and how much time he needed to set up and break down.  I also asked him about food allergies just like our guests as we will be feeding him and about if he plans on drinking.  I was at a wedding a few weeks ago where the DJs decided to drink on the brides parents dime and really got toasted, then they never played any of the songs people requested even thought they had the sheets to fill out.

Post # 5
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Do you want the DJ to be MC at your wedding? How involved do you want them to be in announcing things (cake cutting, garter toss, bridal party entry etc)? Ask them to tell you about their normal run through, ask if what they’re used to doing fits in with what you want. I know I wanted to dance the majority of the evening after dinner and cake, I’m assuming if you are hiring a DJ you want some dancing to happen. Ask how they plan on getting people out on the dance floor  and getting them to stay there. Ask how they get older folks out there. Do they get out on the dance floor themselves?

Definitely ask about their equipment, how long they’ve been DJing and how often they do it. Additionally check this out posted a couple months back:

Good luck!!

The topic ‘Interviewing DJ’s & I need some advice.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors