(Closed) Intimate Wedding & Guest List

posted 9 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
513 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Aww. We are having a small wedding with 50-65 people. But not because the venue site size… -Could you just gage it based off of what you already know about your invitee pool of guests?

For us, we are inviting a bunch of people and just planned on them automatically brining a plus one. So we took that into account. And we already know who we are inviting but cannot attend. 

I think you should let the bridesmaids have the opportunity to bring a +1. I have a bunch of single friends, and if they knew (regardless that I know for a FACT they won’t have a date by then- which is mean of me to say- but not quite because our wedding is a destination wedding, I can’t imagine them securing a date & hauling someone via plane to the venue location) but if they knew I wasn’t planning on letting them bring anyone- they would be pretty miffed w/me. 

But I think you are on the right track about inviting roughly 70-75 people. Did the venue say what would happen if you go over 65? (And don’t forget, sometimes people can’t attend at the very last minute. I have been to a bunch of weddings where an entire family didn’t show up). 

Post # 5
813 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

I think that you should take a look at your guest list and try to determine ahead of time who you think will be able to attend. If it is a small guest list, and most people are either local and/or very close to you, your attendance might be higher than you anticipate. See if your parents could help you with this task.

As for the +1s for your bridesmaids… I would talk to them and see what they are thinking. If they are dating people, then they should be able to bring their significant others. But if your guest list is so limited, I don’t think you should have to cut out a close friend or family member just so that your bridesmaid can find a random person to come with them. Since they are your bridesmaids, I’m sure you are very close to them. Let them know exactly what you are thinking, and if they want to bring someone, you’d be happy to invite them. But if they don’t have anyone special, you just want to know ahead of time so you can make sure to invite enough people without going over.

Good luck! 

The topic ‘Intimate Wedding & Guest List’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors