(Closed) Invitation Help Plz.. technical & etiquette

posted 8 years ago in DIY
Post # 3
3539 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Im not too good on the techinical but Ill give it a whirl on the ettiquite

Addressing for children

Mr & Mrs Shane Doobelacky on the envelope and when they open it the kids names included on the actual invitation. That way you can still choose which kids come. I used to recieve invites addressed to my parents but it had my mum and dad on the invite and then me not including my two brothers who were living at home at the time. 16, 13 and I would have been 9.

If its in the same household they really should get there own invitation BUT its still not wrong to do the same with a slight twist. I would address an envelope to the parents, their invitation and then I would send a seperate one also to the kids. Addressed in their names. Miss Emily, Courtney and Mr Steven doobelacky and have the invitation saying for example

We cordially invite

Emily, Courteny and Steven to the wedding of…. blah blah.

Anyway thats how I would handle it. *shrugs* Up to you tho!

Post # 6
5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

Sorry, I’d gladly help but I haven’t even attempted my own yet. CCrane got the etiquette part right already.

Post # 7
1982 posts
Buzzing bee

I have never used wiltonprint.com, but I would consider using any sort of word processing program (unless you know how to use photoshop, illustrator, inkscape, etc) instead.

The getting stuck in the printer thing is probably not going to be easily solved–a lot of people have this problem. I’d get them printed elsewhere (maybe kinko’s?)

Don’t worry about individual invites. I don’t think people are sticklers over that–I would address to The X Family, I’ve seen that a couple of times from people I know.

Good luck!

The topic ‘Invitation Help Plz.. technical & etiquette’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors