Post # 1
Hi girls, maybe you can help me. I’ll try to make this as short as humanly possible!
Basically, I designed my own invitations, and the FI and I picked out envelopes and liners online. I took the invitation suite design to a local printer, picked the paper. I had a debate between the supersmooth white paper and the linen paper (which looked a little off white). After sleeping on it, I went with the supersmooth. Well…I got the wedding envelopes/liners back, and the linen would have looked perfect with them. PERFECT. The white supersmooth, not so much. I’m supposed to assemble invitations tomorrow with my bridesmaids. Do I:
1. Get the invitations reprinted at cost minus 10 percent.
2. Return the envelope liners and do without or make them this evening with my MOH (my big sister, who has said she’ll take the time and effort so that I can get good looking envelopes), as I cannot find ANYWHERE that sells them.
3. Use the existing envelopes and liners, even though both FI and I agree that they don’t look that great with the existing invitations.
I am so disappointed because I know if I had just picked the other paper, I wouldn’t have this problem. And I’m a total perfectionist, so this is going to bother me…anyone have some words of wisdom?
Post # 3
- Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast
1. It is 98% likely that no one other than you and the people you have talked to about this situatioin will even notice that they don’t go together perfectly.
2. Do you have extra $$ in the budget to spend on a re-print?
3. Do you have extra time in your weekend to spend on “fixing” this project?
Post # 4
If you have the money and won’t regret spending the extra amount, I would go with Option #1, since it will probably be the least stressful option that will give you a desirable result.
However, it sounds like you have an awesome MOH! And me being the crafty person I am, I might lean towards Option #2 (and would remake them, not go without).
Post # 5
Maybe you can alter the envelope liners you already bought..with a stamp or something??
I hated my envelopes once I received them, but I quickly got over it. I know that other people won’t notice it, most people aren’t sentimental and won’t save them forever, and they definitely won’t know that there was another type/shade of paper that would have went better with my invites.
I say base your decision on whatever you can live with. If you know its going to drive you crazy, then replace them. If you can deal with it, then don’t worry about it.