Post # 1
Hello November twins! I just KNEW some of you guys would be able to shed some guidance on this question.
I am sending out my Save-The-Date Cards this week (I know…a little on the late side). I am already pushing the envelope in regards to the guest count, but I am hoping that the predicted 20% or more of guests will decline.
With all that said, for my November 10 wedding, when should I send out invitations? If enough people decline, I have a small number of people on our B-list (approximately 10) who I would really like to invite if possible.
If I send out invites too late, then I may not know about the A-List declines with enough notice in order to tastefully invite B-list people. Conversely, I don’t want to send out invites too early.
What do you all advise, in regards to when to send out the “first wave” of invites and then when to send out the “second wave”?
Thanks for the advice!
Post # 3
I’m wondering this too! I feel like by the time I get responses it, it will be too late to invite my B-listers since they will obviously know they are B-listers.
(Oops I’m not November.. oh well, October is close enough!)
Post # 4
i’m in the same boat!
mine is nov 3 and we haven’t sent out s-t-ds yet either. ugh!!! but i really WANT to! i feel like if i don’t send them out, waiting till 6 wks before the wedding just isn’t enough notice.
we’ve decided not to send them to everyone, only the most crucial and anyone getting invited to the bridal shower. i was thinking of sending invites at 8 weeks, and then second round at 6 wks.
what do you think?
Post # 5
I would just send out the Save-The-Date Cards to A list people. Are your b list people from out of town? If not, I think it is probably okay to just skip them for the STD for now. That’s what I did.
If you are set on doing a list a and b, then I would send out the list a earlier than what etiquette dictates – maybe 4 months in advance? If possible, I would also request an earlier RSVP date as well. My RSVPs are trickling in so slowly and all but one couple have RSVPed yes and had I had a list b, I wouldn’t feel comfortable adding anyone from that list yet and we are less than two months out from our wedding date.
Post # 6
U can see my wedding date and we havent sent our Save-The-Date Cards out yet, we havent even gotten our e-pics done!!! We are getting the e-pics done this wkend and hopefully I can send out the Save-The-Date Cards by June 20th. I have 60 ppl on my A list and Im havin a time with my B list but I know I dont want to go over 75 guests. I wanted 2 send my Save-The-Date Cards to only the A list guests just in case I cant invite all of the B list but since its a holiday weekend, thats going to be a little tricky not to give anyone notice about it.
Post # 7
Hi date twin!!! I only sent stds to the a-list people (I don’t want any embarassing situations). With the invites, I am sending them out in mid august with a respose date of October 12. That gives me a month to chase down any people who did not respond and fill any seats that may be available and still have time to give the venue accurate numbers. I hope this helps!
Post # 8
Hmmm, you can have 2 A-lists LOL. I just don’t like the term, B-list. 😉
I would skip the save the dates and just do the invitations alone, just send then out early enough to your 1st round of guests. Then once the RSVP’s come in, you can send out the next set of invitations to your next round of guests.