posted 2 years ago in Paper
Post # 2
517 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

SoontobeMrsKCee:  Im debating right now on if I am going to go the DIY route or just bite the bullet and have them printed. I can save SO MUCH MONEY if I DIY. I think I am leaning more towards DIY only because of the simple fact that they end up in the trash anyways for most people. I just cant justify $300+ on invites that will eventually get thrown away. But that is just me!

Post # 3
2831 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

i designed ours myself in adobe illustrator and photoshop (i design wedding invitations for people). we’ll be having them printed by catprint, on heavyweight linen cardstock. i think the total cost for printing 65 invitations and 65 rsvp cards is something like $70 after shipping.

Post # 4
112 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I went the DIY Route. Basically used a template online for the base, fixed everything up myself, had staples print the paber portion and then glued, stamped, glittered and generally decorated them myself. IT WAS SO HARD oh my god, i have zero artistic ability. I had three friends come over and help me assemble all of them.

In the end I’m pretty sure they all looked hideous, but because I put so much hard work into them, I loved them. I adore them, when I go to familys house and see it on their fridge I get all giddy. So worth the headache.  I think in the end I spent about $110 for 80 Invites, travel information cards and RSVP cards.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  . Reason: I can't spell
Post # 5
8389 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

I’ve designed and made a couple of sets of invites.  I used photoshop and InDesign, printed at home on a canon pixma, and cut everything with a scrapbook cutter (printed on standard 8.5×11 cardstock). 

These cost $2.89 including postage, inner and outer envelopes, inserts, shipping, tax, etc.  I was also able to use the leftover materials to make my menus and wedding programs for free

I made these for a friend, they cost around $2 each (includes ribbon, charm, envelopes, inserts, etc)

Some “back-up” invites I had to make last minute.  I think these cost around $0.70 each

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors