Invitations for $600? How much were yours?

posted 2 years ago in Money
  • poll: How much did your invitations cost?
    $0-$5 apiece : (69 votes)
    78 %
    $5-$10 apiece : (12 votes)
    14 %
    $10-$15 apiece : (2 votes)
    2 %
    $15 and up : (5 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 2
    100 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

I don’t know about fancy invitations, but I know mine were like $2 each on Zazzle. It definitely wasn’t a priority of ours to spend a ton of money on something that will end up in the garbage. 

Post # 3
    613 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

mine were 100% free including postage stamps. We DIY’ed them and we had a gift card to buy all the materials we needed. The actual cost was ~$60ish? (for about 30 invites) Would have been less, but we bought the wrong type of paper and envelopes and couldn’t return but we are using them for programs and thank you cards so it all worked out.

Do you have a picture of your invites? I’m curious as so what a $10 invite looks like haha (:

Post # 5
    613 posts
    Busy bee

cbj9:  Oops, I misunderstood 😛 I guess depending on how many invites you need, what kind of invites you want prices will vary. Hopefully you will be well below your budget (:

Post # 6
    320 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2015

Try etsy or zazzle.  You’ll save a ton. 

Post # 7
    4955 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

cbj9:  We got ours from and they were BEAUTIFUL. And we only paid about $200! They send us coupons with everything we purchase, so we’ve gotten 25% off the invites, menu cards, programs, etc. We went into it with the view point that no one cares what the invites look like except us and they’re just going to be thrown away. Personally, I would never spend $600 on that. 

Post # 8
    3010 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2016

Are you making them yourselves or paying someone for it? I made all of the invites for my brother’s wedding for $3.00 each counting postage (there and RSVP cards) and buying ink, envelopes, paper, card stock, sealing wax, ribbon, a punch and stamps for embellishments and gold embossing powder… If y want to use sweat equity, you can do a heck of a lot for a hell of a lot less.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  babeba.
    Post # 9
    2358 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

I paid $500 for 30.

5×7 flat cards in a suite with insert cards, rsvp cards, name cards,  thank u cards, and address labels. Also included trifold pocket envelopes, color backer cards, custom cutting, prof assembly, ribbon wrap, and calligraphy.

Post # 10
    6446 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2013

With postage (including the stamp that went on the RSVP) my invites were a little over $1 each. I think $10 each should be more than enough for invites. Make sure you keep postage requirements in mind when you are designing them as that could dramatically affect the cost per invite!

Post # 11
    148 posts
    Blushing bee

Mine were $16 plus $30 for postage and that was for 100 invitations. 

Post # 12
    1103 posts
    Bumble bee

I got our std’s from Minted, for about $40 for 60 cards.  They have nice invite packages too, so even if invites are triple the cost of std’s, you’d still be under!  Check them out, I was very happy with the ease of order and delivery. 

Post # 13
    1136 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2015

cbj9:  TOTALLY! Ours will come to about $350 for 55 (not including postage) and they are on a very lux thick stock and beautifully designed.

For up to $10 per invite you could even go down the letterpress route or something a little more extravegent.. or you could shave a little of the budget down if you’re looking to save and still get something beautiful.

Have you looked on websites like minted and wedding paper divas? I ordered a tonne of samples from them and they were beautiful quality and they have a HUGE range! (some were a little tacky in my opinion but there were plenty of gorgeous designs too, I guess they have to cater to everyones taste!)

Post # 14
    663 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

We are going to end up right at your budget. We are using wedding paper divas ( with costco membership you get 25% off). They are only 1.50 per invite but have to buy the insert and response cards seperately

Post # 15
    647 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

We spent about $10/ invite -a pocket fold, invite card and 3 insert cards. I’m also getting a wax seal and the wax to do myself plus postage for invites and replies it’ll probably come out to roughly $1400 for a batch of 100. I really didn’t want to spend that much I wanted to DIY but FI wanted them professionally done. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors