Post # 1
I have two quick questions –
1. Would you buy your invitations a year out if a family member was offering to pay for them now?
2. How much before the actual wedding date do you set the RSVP date? I was thinking about 7 weeks? My caterer wants head count about 3 weeks out and I figured this would give me time to track down non responders?
Post # 3
Do you have a set venue? a set time for the ceremony? a set place for the reception if it isn’t at the ceremony location? Have to decided on color schemes? Have you decided on the tone of your wedding? Do you know who will be contributing and hosting the event? If you answer yes to all of these then, I guess sure order them now.
We are sending our invitations out August 12th and we are asking for a response by September 12th and our wedding is October 12th. I don’t know if that is “what you’re supposed to do” but that is what we are doing because we have many out of town guests.
Post # 4
1.) No. But you can start looking with the family member. If you have your venue booked then maybe.
2.) Our response deadline is 4 weeks before the wedding but I wish we had done just a bit longer before the wedding, like 5 or 6 weeks. The deadline is 6 weeks after the day they went in the mail.
Post # 5
@miss narwhal: I love your name – just had to say that lol
we do have the venue, date, time etc all already set which is the only reaosn I am considering it. It just feels off to order them so soon though.
Post # 6
@Celliaanne: I would wait but that just my opinion. There is not rush. We literally just printed off my invitations last night and tonight we are completing the RSVPs.
Post # 7
We sent our Invites out a month before you typically send them out and I am requesting all rsvps back a month and a half before the wedding as everyone is OOT and with a smaller wedding. Id like to give others a chance to come if someone can not attend, and I dont want to wait til 2 weeks before the wedding to start calling everyone, its not enough notice for those that we can invite to make travel plans.
Post # 8
I wouldn’t. We bought save the dates and then changed the date and venue. Now we decided to elope so we wasted $$ on invites, rsvp’s and rehearsal dinner invites. Luckily they were inexpensive but still. Things May change so I would just look around right now.
Post # 9
If you already have the venue, date, and exact time set than I don’t see any problems. Other than….changing your mind. The more time there is until your wedding the more likely you are to change your mind or find something you love more. At least that’s my experience
RSVP date should be no more than a month ahead of the wedding IMO. I think 4 weeks out would work for you, it gives you a week to track down everyone else. Mine is 4 weeks out and it’s the same date I have a headcount due. And usually you send them 6-8 weeks out.