Post # 1
We came across wording that reflected a bit more of “us” and our wedding but I am not sure how to finish the rest of the invite. We have printable ones but the print part is only 4.5 x 7 (vertical) with a small margin. I am not good at computers nor words so I need help please! We have those Anna Griffin invites with a velum overlay (which is the printable part) so there are no graphics on there.
Here’s what I like for wording: Please join us for a celebration of love, friendship, laughter and family.
1) How to finish the rest of the wording without saying anything like “holy matrimony” etc. Should we say join in marriage? Should we say “as Bride and Groom join etc etc?
2) What words on what lines? Ie/ “
Please join us
Celebration of love, friendship, laughter, and family
3) We want to do RSVPs online or by email/tel. We are having a wedding website but it’s a google site and the web address is long. Fiance could put his webpage/wedding and then have our wedding page link on there that someone can click. Then it will take you to the website where you can rsvp..or email. What do you think and this should NOT be on the card, right?
4) We are having our reception at a different location ( a hall we rented). In a different town. On the same day. LOL. (30 min drive). Should we only put the ceremony location on the invite? And the reception info on the little card and the rsvp web address?
5) Oh man…who knew finding fonts would be so hard! I have one for the names (Chopin Script) but trying to find a relatively plain one to go with it? Hard.
Thank you so much bees!!
Post # 4
1. be careful printing on vellum. it can take a long time for the ink to dry (depending on the printer) and they can get messed up.
2. We used “Tie the Knot” but here’s somewhere with some other wording options http://www.invitationconsultants.com/samplewording.aspx?p_subcategory=1 http://www.hellolucky.com/wedding-invitation-wording.html http://offbeatbride.com/2007/12/wedding-invitation-wording-that-wont-make-you-barf
3. For the wedding website.. I would have some kind of instruction about your Fiance page linking to the wedding site. And I would think you could definitely put that on the “rsvp” card considering that is how they’ll be rsvp’ing
4. I would put the ceremony location & address along with the reception location “name of the place” on the invitation. And then have your reception card insert with a Map/directions insert.
5. I liked dafont.com for my fonts.. and they’re free. I know there are alot more but my Fiance already had tons so I didn’t have to do alot of “shopping”
Hope that helps some =)
Post # 5
Yes, thank you! Especially the tip about Vellum. Perhaps I will hang them up with clothespins lol.
I found some good fonts last night so now fiddling with spacing, etc. The size of the Vellum (HOW do you pronounce that word?) is quite small so I am not sure if all my details will fit. I guess I just make the font smaller…
Thank you for your tips and help. I appreciate it!
Post # 6
We used that exact wording as were not having a formal wedding and we are paying for it ourselves. This is what I had on the invite.
Please join us for a celebration of love, friendship, laughter and family as
Say I Do
Hope this helps!!!