(Closed) inviting coworkers & supervisor??

posted 8 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
988 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

only if you want to! You don’t HAVE to invite anyone 🙂 I am inviting a few coworkers from my old job even though I only knew them for a few months they have been sooo nice and super interested in all my wedding planning which I find really sweet and I want them there since they were there when I whined about not being engaged and they were so happy when it finally happened lol

Post # 4
1752 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’ve made the very tough decision NOT to invite my boss.  I’m inviting several co-workers, but I dispise my boss.  I have made them promise to keep it quiet, so boss shouldn’t find out.

If he asks, I’ll say we had to keep it small, we didn’t have much money (underhanded slap at him, since he cut all of our salaries over a year ago… ha)

I agree.  Invite them if you want them there!  If you don’t, come up with something to tell them when they ask… cause they WILL ask.

Good luck.

Post # 5
837 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

You don’t have to invite anyone you don’t want to.  Just be sure you don’t talk about the wedding around them because if you do, it’s considered rude if they aren’t invited.  If they ask about it, just say planning is going very well.

Post # 6
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

How about if your nosey boss asks you how things are going? She “bothered” me yesterday and I’ll note that I despise her. Everyone is aware we do not get along and since she’s socially awkward there’s no way I would want her there… I can’t stand seeing her Monday-Friday so my special day? I DON’T THINK SO!

Post # 7
979 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I made the decision that it was best for me professionally to invite everyone from my small office.  Even though my boss and I are not friends at all, I can tell he was very pleased that he was invited and I think he has been nicer to me since he got his invitation.  His wife even called me the other day to thank me for inviting them and to tell me how excited she was.  So, if nothing else, I earned brownie points and I will have six extra people at my wedding, with dates.  No big deal and I made people happy.

I say if you have the room, go for it.  Especially if you like them and wouldn’t mind them being there.  Everyone likes being invited to a wedding and you might be surprised how gracious and appreciative people are that you thought of them.

The topic ‘inviting coworkers & supervisor??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors