(Closed) Inviting to Local Reception But Not Distant Ceremony & Reception

posted 7 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I have to be honest that in my circle when people do this everyone thinks it’s rude. It feels like “I wasn’t important enough to see you get married?” 

I am planning a wedding for the bride, where she invites everyone to the destination but the invitation says (in a cute way) that the guests shouldn’t be sad if they can’t travel because their bringing the party back with them and then invites them to a at home reception.

Most of her guests are not going to the destination, but are attending the reception here, but since everyone was invited no one got their feelings hurt or felt offended. Her reply card had 3 choices:  Big Partier!, Part-time Partier, and Party-Pooper. I know it’s casual sounding but I thought I would share 🙂

Post # 5
4336 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I was recently invited to a wedding half-way across the country, but the bride was from my town, and so she had an additional reception in our town after they were back from their honeymoon.

I actually really liked it, since it made me not feel guilty for not spending money on airfare and a hotel to go to her far-away reception, but I still got to celebrate with her.

So, I’m not sure how I would have felt if I hadn’t even been invited to the far-away reception/wedding. I think that if people are invited to both, then there’s less a chance they’ll come to the wedding/reception if they live close to the 2nd reception, so you have less to worry about with numbers.

The topic ‘Inviting to Local Reception But Not Distant Ceremony & Reception’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors